23: Events of Unfortunate Things

I turn my head slowly to look at Diego.

He sends me a nervous smile. My eye twitches.

"A-Alex?" Daniela stuttered out. I look over and see Grey's hand around her tighten.

"Hey Dan"

"Hey? H-hey is all you have to fucking say after 3 years of being gone?!" She yells and I thank the lord that this place was blasting with music.

I saw his eyes, mixed with pain and regret. What was going on inside his mind?

ALEX

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Why did I agree to come here? I knew something was up when he asked me if I wanted to go out with him and Leslie.

I snuck a quick glance over at Stacey and instantly regretted it. I felt my pants grow uncomfortable and shifted on my feet.

Daniela was looking at me in disbelief. Stacey looked angry and worried at the same time, her little boyfriend looking solely confused.

"Dan-" I started.

"You know what? Save it. I don't want to hear any of the bullshit that's about come out your damn mouth" with that she got up and walked away. Grey sighed and went to follow her.

My mouth felt dry.

It felt like I lost everything once again. My fist tightened, and all because my damn father just had to come back into my life.

"Anybody want more drinks..?" Stacey asked, chewing the side of her lip.

She was trying to clear the tension and I was grateful.

I sat down beside Leslie as I saw Aeron whisper something into Stacey's ear. I bite the inside of my cheek.

She whispers something back before turning back around.

Aeron glances over at me and it's like something clicked in his head.

"Oh! That's who you are" he let out a soft chuckle, "I'm so sorry again about Stacey, she usually never gets that drunk"

It took me a second before I remembered the night of Stacey's birthday. He's talking about when she was drunk and all over me.

Not that I really had a problem with that though.

"It's fine" I responded, my eyes catching hers.

"Sooo, we came hear to have fun and that's what we're going to do" Leslie clapped her hands together.

She shoved me out the seat and came out the booth with Diego.

"We're going to go dance" she smiled and grabbed Diego's arm.

"Good luck man!" I heard him yell.

I rolled my eyes and look over at the happy couple. My eye twitched as I saw him kiss Stacey's neck. Her eyes stayed on me as he did.

I narrowed my eyes at her, two can play at this game.

Clasping my hands together I smiled fakely at Aeron, "I'm gonna go get another drink"

I slid out the booth and made my way to the bar where I just happened to see a girl look at me. Red hair, grey eyes.

Sitting, I called over the waiter and ordered a beer before he left. I could see the red head walking over to me, so I pulled out my phone and acted like I was doing something productive.

She was way more confident than I thought and plucked my phone right out of my hand.

"Oo, Candy Crush" I mentally slapped myself, "a classic" she handed me back my phone.