Chapter 6

"Right, so what do you want your channel name to be?" He asked, as we were sat down using my laptop in my room.

"I'm not sure. Like, is Sophie Minter too boring? I asked, turning towards him.

"I don't think so, it sounds fine. Maybe you could just call it Soph though? Short and snappy."

"I actually really like that idea! Soph it is."

He leant forwards and typed in 'Soph', before pressing next, where there was an upload button.

"Right, are you ready to upload this video of you singing?"

I nodded. "I'm ready. How do we do it?"

"We just have to plug my phone in with the lead and it'll transfer. Not too hard."

Harry got his phone out and transferred the video. In about three minutes it was done and ready to go.

"Should we post it now then?" I asked, a little nervously.

"Go for it!" He whispered encouragingly, bringing his hand to meet mine, and clicked the button to upload.

It was live.

Before I knew it, Harry had his phone out and took a picture of the laptop and me.

It was only later that I realised that he had uploaded it to his Instagram, Snapchat and twitter, with the caption, "Sub to Soph on YouTube, and watch her new video!"

-

My phone beeped, mostly from notifications but a text from Simon came through.

I see you made a YouTube channel.

Yeah, Harry helped me set it up. Are you mad?

No, not mad just surprised. I've spent years encouraging you to make one. How come you make one now?

I dunno. I guess Harry just hit a nerve with something he said lmao. I gotta go Si, speak later?

Speak later.

Love you x

read

Well, Simon was definitely annoyed. Oh well.

Harry was sat on my bed, just on his phone. I went over and sat next to him.

"I think Simons annoyed I made a channel without him." I said, sighing, and leaning my head on Harry's shoulder by accident. But I didn't realise, and he didn't seem to mind.

"Oh well, it's done now. And for the record I think you sound amazing, I knew I would get to hear you sing soon." He said, with a smirk on his face.

"Stop it, Lewis." I said playfully, revealing a full smile.

"She smiles!" He joked, poking my shoulder.

It brought our faces incredibly close together, and we stayed there for around five seconds, but not before my phone pinged. I reluctantly looked away, and to my phone, where Freya was calling me.

"Sorry Harry, I gotta go take this." I apologised, as I accepted the call and left the room. As soon as I was out of earshot, I started whisper shouting at Freya.

FREYA WE WERE HAVING A VERY INTIMATE MOMENT WHY ARE YOU CALLING?

Sorry! It's kinda important. Harry's brother had an accident whilst playing football and we couldn't get ahold of Harry, his parents have been trying to phone him for ages, but he just wouldn't pick up. So I called you. Please tell him, his family wants him to go back to Guernsey.

Oh shit, that's bad. Yeah of course I'll tell him. I seem so stupid now, oh my god, I'm sorry. Bye Freya.

I hung up on the phone, paused, but then walked back into my room.

"Harry?.." I said reluctantly. He perked up on the bed.

"Sophie...sorry for being so awkward earlier. I just wanted to share that I kind of like you, like a little bit. Or also, a lot. But yeah." He said, scratching his head.

"Harry, I, er - your brother has been in an accident, and your parents want you to go back to Guernsey, Freya phoned just now."

I felt horrible telling him, and what was worse was that we were finally getting somewhere. I thought that it would be inappropriate if I didn't tell him, or said I liked him back too.

Immediately his features changed. He looked more serious and guarded. A look that didn't seem to fit.

"Right, uh, okay. I should probably get going then." He said, stiffly getting up and off of the bed.

"Harry, I - I'm sorry. I hope everything turns out okay." I said, awkwardly patting his shoulder as he walked past.

Crap. Why had I said that? I wanted to say I liked him too but I just couldn't.

"Yeah, okay, see you soon I guess." He said, picking up his stuff beside the door and exiting the room, and then my flat.

I decided to text him.

Hey harry. You probably don't want to hear this right now, but I wanted to let you know that I do like you. Not as a friend, but more. I promise that I'm not just saying this because you said it earlier. I was going to tell you, but then Freya called and just, everything got too much. I really do hope Josh is okay, I'm sending all my love and best wishes. See you soon, love, S x

I pressed send.

Immediately I saw that he was typing, and around forty seconds later a text came through.

Hey Sophie. I just phoned my parents, they said he's got concussion because someone kicked the ball and it hit him in the head. He should be fine but they wanted me there anyway. Thank you for saying that, it's really made me feel better. We can talk about it when I'm back? Should be a couple of days. See you soon x

Thank god! His brother was going to be okay, and he believed me. I logged back into my laptop and just started to read through some of the comments. Overall it was very positive which made me incredibly happy.

The other guys had also promoted my channel and my video, including Simon which managed to make me feel so much better. What was more, I was now on sixty seven thousand!

Anyway, I couldn't wait until Harry could come back, and I would be waiting patiently. For now, I decided to film a few songs.

HI GUYS! sorry that this is so short lmao, i kinda got writers block. If any of you have any ideas PLSSSSS comment them as to what YOU want to happen. The ratings for this book are amazing! #14 in harry Lewis like whattttt!? Thank you. I'm really busy with school but I'll try to update soon. Enjoy xxxx

follow my Instagram - @multiixfandcmm ✌🏻