Chapter 37

I'm writing this on Friday 5th June and we hit 59k this morning! This is so so so insane thank you for all the support <33 (edit: I finished writing this chapter and now we have hit 60k, nearly 61k WTF????)

haha editing again (monday 22nd june and we hit 65k this morning WTF IS GOING ONNN ILY)

(Shit dude u guys are insane 😭😭😭 thank you for 66k!)

"Thanks so much for this, Simon," I spoke appreciatively, as I climbed into the front seat of his car. Harry got into the back with all of our baggage.

"Of course, no problem. I was wondering when I was going to be seeing you again anyway!" He said, clapping his hands in delight before starting up the car.

"How was Guernsey anyway?" He asked, turning on the windscreen wipers to see through the rain that had just started to pour down.

"It was really good, I had an amazing time! Harry's family are lovely, and he showed me loads of cool places on the island," I spoke quickly, my mind wandering back to the day where he had surprised me at seven in the morning to watch a sunrise at the beach. It had been beautiful, I had enjoyed every second of it - excluding the getting up part.

"Sounds like you had a good time," he spoke, amused, before staring at Harry in the mirror.

"Haven't seen you much, mate. We've got to do a video together soon?" He offered, smiling when Harry agreed instantly.

"Well isn't this cute," I spoke sarcastically, but secretly I was loving this. From the moment me and Harry had started flirting, the worry of him drifting with his friends - especially Simon was ever present. And whilst Simon and Harry had encountered...several conflicts of interest, they were finally getting back on track, and I was relieved about it.

"What about you, Sophie? You have any video ideas?" Simon asked, genuinely interested in what I was up to.

"I do, actually. Connected with this girl on Instagram, I'm inviting her round the house soon to do a video. She's friends with Tobi also, but she appeared on my explore page. A total coincidence but she's lovely. You might like her," I teased, our New Year's Eve conversation springing to mind.

"When I told you that it wasn't me asking you to set me up. Stay out of my love life," he warned, glancing briefly in my direction.

I shrugged my shoulders, my hands going up in the air in defence. "I haven't said or done anything!" Yet.

***

"Thanks again for picking us up," I said kindly, hugging Simon as we arrived back at the house. He gave me a smile before me and Harry left with our bags to go up to my room. I shouted a quick hello into the kitchen, before hearing my name being screamed at the top of someone's lungs.

Freya.

She came running towards me, and nearly knocked me over with the force of the hug.

"Hey!" I whispered, hugging her tightly. "I missed you." I grinned, speaking the truth. It had only been a week or so since we had last seen each other, but the two of us had become inseparable after I had been introduced to Simon's friends. It felt weird without her.

"Man I have so much to tell you!" I teased, after the two of us had pulled away from the hug. "So much shit went down," I admitted, looking over to see Harry leaning against a wall on his phone.

"Ooooh, do spill!" She spoke excitedly, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I promise I will. But how does tomorrow sound? I just want to spend this afternoon with Harry, if that's alright."

"Of course it's alright, but you're telling me absolutely everything tomorrow," she accepted, giggling before walking back into the kitchen.

I approached Harry, my hand stroking his cheek gently to catch his attention. "Upstairs?" I asked, and he nodded, the two of us hauling our bags up the sets of stairs. When we finally reached my bedroom, it was clear that we both wanted to just collapse onto the bed, and so we did. Harry flopped onto it first, and I fell on top of him, my head resting on his chest.

"We should get our own place," Harry spoke quietly.

Hang on. He wasn't being serious, right?

"That's a joke, yeah?" I laughed, looking up at my ceiling.

"What if it wasn't?" Was his reply, and it caused me to sit up sharply.

"Harry, even if we didn't include the break it's only been a year...plus everything right now is perfect, why risk a change?" I asked, my hands on his as I looked at him in the eyes. "Don't get me wrong, one day I would love to move in with you, get a place with you, but I'm just not there yet, and I don't think you are either," I mused, gently rubbing small patterns on his palm.

"Yeah, you're right," he agreed, starting to stroke my hair.

What did this mean? Was he ready to move in together? What if he thought I never wanted to move in with him? I needed to change the subject. Quickly.

"Not to change the subject," I spoke slowly, and vaguely, "But do you reckon Simon would kill me if I tried to set him up with a friend?" I asked, Talia's face appearing in my mind.

"Oh no," he spoke, "What have you done?"

I raised my eyebrows in mock offence. "What do you mean 'What have I done?' Maybe I haven't done anything!" I huffed.

"But you have."

"Alright, so maybe I invited her round to the house and am planning an ambush on Simon, but it's —"

"That is a very bad idea. Like a very bad idea." He spoke, laughter erupting out of his mouth. "Simon would probably be very mad."

"He probably would. But I think they would be so great together! And I just want to see him happy, because he's my brother and he's done so much for me - technically if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have you. I wouldn't have this lifestyle." I kissed him on the lips, briefly.

"When is she coming round?" He asked, pouting when I pulled my lips away from his.

"Maybe tomorrow," I whispered, ducking my head out of view.

"Glad to know I'll be getting front row tickets to your funeral! Good luck with that, I will be staying well away from Simon for the next week." He laughed, rubbing my back.

"It'll be fine, right? Reassure me please, tell me I'm a good cupid." I said, half joking, but also half serious.

He looked at me doubtfully before kissing my forehead. "Whatever happens, will happen. But we all know you had good intentions, and that's what matters."

All I could do was hope that tomorrow would go smoothly.

This was more of a filler chapter, I'm sorry! Also we introduce Talia next chapter, slight nudge for the next book I'm working on :-) I hope you guys will appreciate the parallels !

ALSOOOO at the end of this book I'm going to be doing a slight q and a???? some people have been messaging me privately w some questions, so if you have any feel free to message me or comment on this chapter / any chapters!!! This can be about the story, or me irl i don't mind! Ok bye! <3