Chapter 18

It was now December 31st. Myself, Harry and Simon had stayed one night at the place Harry had booked before catching the next flight back to London. It was around ten in the morning, meaning that most of the guys would probably still be asleep - due to their crazy sleep schedule.

We finally reached the house, and once again I was wheeled in. To my surprise, none of the, were asleep. In fact, everyone was awake. And there were lots more people than I was expected. Josh and Freya were stood to the left, accompanied by Vikk and JJ. Cal and Freezy were sat on the stairs. Tobi and Ethan were to the right. As soon as we walked in they all stood up and cheered, which was kind of cute - if I was being honest.

Freya was the first one to hug me. "I missed you so much! You just like, disappeared! And then I heard that you were in an accident - well, I saw your tweet. I did text, but I assumed you were either asleep or too busy to see it. I'm so glad you're okay Soph, I'm so so glad." She finished. I could see that she meant it, because she had tears forming in her eyes. I leant forwards in my wheelchair.

"Don't cry Freya, you'll set me off again!" I jokingly chastised. I gave her a big hug, to show that I missed her too.

Everyone else said similar sorts of things, and by the end, I had tears streaming down my face.

It was a tradition that every New Year, the sidemen hosted a massive party - and seeing as it was their first one in the new house, it was going to be bigger and better than ever before. That being said, everyone had a job to do and they had all scattered off to do it. Even Simon, after I had repeatedly told him that I would be fine.

Harry was a different story. He wouldn't leave my side, and I realised why. He felt guilty about the accident, and I knew that I needed to tell him that there was no need.

"Harry," I started, holding both his hands as he sat down on my bed. "You feel guilty, don't you?" I asked, already knowing his answer.

"I feel really guilty, Sophie. I shouldn't have taken my eye off of you, I should have-"

"You should have what?" I interjected, having had enough of him blaming himself. "The only person who should be blamed is me. I chose to not look across the road, and that was MY mistake. You couldn't have known I was going to be so foolish. But I was and it was my mistake. Anyway, I'm fine now." I said, bringing my hand up to his cheek. "Please don't blame yourself, Harry."

He nodded, hopefully agreeing with what I had said.

I took a moment before speaking again.

"Harry, I need a favour." I spoke.

"Anything."

"I want to get out of this wheelchair. I haven't walked properly in nearly a week. Can you help me?"

"Are you sure you're ready, Soph?" He asked, not discouraging me, but checking that I was physically and mentally up for this.

"I'm sure. I need to be able to show off my dance moves for tonight!" I said jokingly, knowing that I most likely wasn't going to be able to dance by tonight, but casting some humour to the situation.

"Okay then. How do you want to do it?"

"Gently pull my arms up and then I'll try and lean against you, and the bed. Let's see how that goes?" I suggested, not really sure on how to do it.

He did exactly as I asked. It was awkward because I was entirely leaning on him, but I managed it. I was upright, and it was a start.

"Okay. So, can you hold my waist and then take steps forward? I can try and shuffle." I said.

He pressed his hands to my waist, and held on firmly. He took two steps forward, and I managed to shuffle the same distance. It felt like having pins and needles but ten times more uncomfortable.

"You alright?" Harry kept asking, ensuring that I was still okay.

I nodded every time he asked - I could do this.

We made it all the way to the door and back before I collapsed on the bed.

"That was hard." I admitted. "It felt like I had woken up after a hundred years and forgotten how to walk. At least we got crutches. That'll help for tonight I guess." I said, sighing a little bit.

"You've got hours before the party. We can try again if you want to." He offered.

It was sweet, he wasn't giving up on me and he was actually encouraging me.

/time skip/

Me and Harry had been walking up and down my room for a couple of hours, and after that we had fallen asleep for a while. It wasn't until Freya knocked on my door that I woke up.

She came over to my bed and whispered to me, so not to wake Harry up.

"It's nearly six, party starts at seven. I thought you might want my help getting you ready - you know, to stun Harry when you walk in." She said, winking at me. I didn't even need to tell her that me and Harry had made it official when we were away - she just knew.

"Oh crap - yeah good idea. I'll kick Harry out." I said, laughing quietly.

I turned over to Harry who was curled in a fetal position in the bed. I kissed him gently on the forehead, before softly shaking him.

"Harry, wake up. You need to go and get ready for tonight, and so do I. Shoo!" I whispered.

It woke him up, and he was out of my room in just over a minute.

I shifted in my bed so I was now sat upright.

Freya turned to me.

"What look are you going for, Sophie?" She asked.

I had one exactly in mind.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it's not the best, I'm really busy and I didn't put as much effort in as I should have. I had a really good idea for this chapter and then I wrote it down and absolutely hated it sooooo....improvisation? Anyway, it'll have to suffice. Enjoy xxx