Chapter 33

Hahah hello lovely people ! Thought I'd do a surprise update (still updating on Monday don't you worry)! May have had a little breakdown an hour ago & chopped off half my hair oops! Anyway enjoy <33

This chapter references something from chapter 21 (admittedly, was released months ago), so it may help to reread that chapter before reading this one! This is by FAR the longest chapter I've ever written, I hope you enjoy! I'm also trying to improve my writing, so I hope this is a little better :)

It was New Year's Eve. So much had happened in the space of a year - this time last year I had arrived home in a wheelchair, after what I thought to be the most eventful weekend of my life. How innocent I had been!

In the space of a year, I had grown more than I had presumed capable. My relationship with Harry had been a rollercoaster - the most terrifying yet thrilling one. My YouTube career was finally kicking off, my channel nearing one million subscribers! The support had been crazy, and it played a huge part in making me that much more grateful for everything.

Once again, the guys were hosting the annual party at the house, and this year was the biggest they had ever hosted. There were more guests than ever before, and decorating had started yesterday afternoon, still in progress.

However, it was only nine in the morning, and I was midway through brushing my teeth when I heard Harry call my name. Well, called my name several times.

"What is it?" I called back, rinsing out my mouth. I didn't think it was that important until Harry called my name again, with more urgency than I could even comprehend. Something sounded wrong. In a rush, I dropped my wet toothbrush onto the counter and practically ran back into my room, where Harry sat on my bed, his mouth agape as he stared at his phone.

"What?" I asked, walking towards him, frantically waving my arms in front of him, trying to gain his attention. "Are you goimg to tell me what's going on? What's so important that I stopped brushing my -"

His hand flew up, motioning for me to bend down and read his phone screen. What on earth could be this important for him to be in this amount of shock?

Good afternoon Harry,

We are sorry that this email has been delayed, but in regards to the video you posted to your Instagram on January 27th, 2016 we would like to know the name of the singer so we could reach out to them to offer a record deal with us, RecordX. Please respond as quickly as you can,

Many thanks,

RecordX.

I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me, or if I had just read that I had received an offer from a very prestigious record company. My mouth was now ajar, and I stared, dumbfounded at Harry, as we both looked at each other in disbelief.

"That's got to be a joke, surely. Because, there is absolutely no way that RecordX want to record with me. No. No way." I shook my head, backing away from Harry, who still hadn't uttered a word since he had called me in here.

He slowly nodded his head. "It's not fake. I already checked. It's real. Sophie - this is - this is real! This is real - and amazing and -" He stopped himself, reading my face of disbelief - still.

"It can't be right," I shook my head, my mind telling me this was all a dream, begging myself to wake up and force myself back in reality. But still, I stood there, looking at an overly excited Harry, pointing to his phone.

Had I really been - scouted? Was that the word? Had I really been offered a record deal with RecordX? That was big time! This would ensure the start of my singing career - this could be the start of my next chapter. This would -