Chapter 47

A/N: at this point of the story it is June 2017 - meaning that Ethan and Emily are currently still together - just to avoid any confusion!

According to Kyle's latest email, I had until the end of August to decide if I wanted to accept the offer. That gave me around two months to figure something out, and also tell Harry. My EP had come out last week, and it had been received very well.

RecordX had sorted out a small tour round the UK - four dates which included signings. They were to start near the end of July, and I would be doing one in London, one in Manchester, one in Glasgow and one in Birmingham.

Harry was heading over to the house - well, my house today. I was going with him, mostly to see the girls, whilst he was in a meeting.

I hadn't seen them for a while, and it would be a good chance to catch up with them. I was still going to come back and stay with Harry, though. I had practically moved in, and we hadn't made a big deal out of it which was probably why it happened so easily.

"Harry! I called from inside our room.

"Yeah?" He replied from the bathroom.

"Are you nearly ready? You're going to be late for the meeting at this rate," I yelled back, tying up my shoes.

"I am ready," He said, opening the bathroom door and walking out fully clothed. I was somewhat impressed, he was usually always running late.

"That's good then. Come on, you're driving," I spoke with a grin on my face, grabbing my phone and walking out of his complex, knowing he was right behind me.

"So what's the meeting about? Or am I not allowed to know?" I asked as I climbed into the passenger seat of his car.

"We are just working some things out for the Sidemen as a whole. The views have started to get a bit stinky recently. Just need something that will boost them up." He admittedly honestly.

"Sounds like a lot of clickbaiting," I said, an amused smile on my face.

He clicked on the aux, and to my surprise my voice was blasting out the speakers.

"You listen to my music in the car when I'm not here? I think that's the cutest thing I've discovered this year," I said, looking over at him with adoration as he continued to drive, a small blush forming on his cheek.

This was definitely an instagrammable moment. I clicked on the app and went on the stories, tagging him as I typed out a caption.

Just got in the car and this one had my music blasting out. No one cuter @wroetoshaw

I pressed send and then put my phone down and honestly just vibed along to Sue Me. It was both of our favourites - even though I had furiously denied I had a favourite.

Soon enough we pulled up at the house, and were greeted by Vik at the door. I quickly kissed Harry on the cheek. "Have fun in your meeting," I winked, before walking into the living room where Freya had text me to meet them.

On one sofa was Freya and Eloise, and on the other was Emily and Talia.

"Hey!" I spoke, launching myself onto the sofa in between Freya and Eloise. I was greeted by a hug from the both of them - expected, really. We hadn't been together for ages.

"Have you told anyone else about the thingy?" Freya asked, and I shook my head.

"Not yet. Still figuring out what to say to Harry to be honest."

"Shit." Was all she said, and she leapt up from where she was sitting, speed walking out of the living room. I shot Eloise a curious look before running after Freya. I had just about caught up with her and pulled her arm, forcing her to turn around and look at me.

"What's going on? Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"Josh was with me when you were on the phone telling me about the new contract. He heard it and shit, I never told him you were keeping it a secret."

My eyes widened as I realised. "He's in there with Harry -" I started, and although Freya tried to hold me back, I started running towards the room where the meeting was taking place. I burst open the doors and they all turned round to see me.

"Sophie! Congrats on the new co-" Josh started but Freya rushed in behind me and yelled for Josh to shut up. He looked at her and his facial expression changed, and looked down at the floor.

"The new what? Sophie?" Harry asked, his eyes looking directly at me.

How I wished a hole would appear and swallow me up. This was worst case scenario. My worst nightmare. "How about I come back after you're all done?" I asked.

"No, I'll come outside for a second, you guys are alright to wait, yeah?"

Unfortunately for me they all murmured in agreement, and Harry stood up to follow me out. From the corner of my eye I noticed Freya muttering a small sorry, but I just looked away and walked out of the room, Harry trailing behind.

We ended up walking into the kitchen, and I leaned up against the island counter.

"What was Josh on about? The new what? You haven't told me about anything new?" Harry asked, scratching his head in confusion.

I paused, not knowing how he would react, or even how I was going to phrase it. "Well, I got offered a new contract. Full time, two years in Manchester." I spoke bluntly, telling him exactly as it was.

He looked at me, dumbfounded. The silence was deafening, each of us not knowing what to do or say. It was him that broke the silence. "Are you going to take it?"

"I don't know. That's what I was trying to figure out. before I was going to tell you."

"Wait so you've known about this for a while? When did they reach out?"

"The day I announced my EP," I spoke truthfully.

"That's like a whole month, Sophie! Shit, we can't just keep secrets from each other! How can you be in a fucking relationship and not tell each other these sorts of things! Shit!" He spoke angrily, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Hey, I get you're frustrated but don't take it out on me. I don't even know what I'm going to do yet. Calm down and go back to your meeting. We'll talk more back at your place, alright?" I said gently, reaching out my arm to rub his shoulder. Thankfully he didn't shrug it off, and he let me calm him down. He nodded his head meekly, and walked back in the direction he had come from.

I had never really seen him get properly angry before, and I hoped I would never have to see it again. I walked back through the kitchen and saw Freya waiting alone, by the door. I really didn't want to speak to her, or anyone right now.

"I'm not mad at you - I just want to go up to my room and be alone for a bit," I said gently, giving her a quick hug to assure her I wasn't upset. I made my way up the stairs to my room, where most of my stuff still was.

I flopped onto my bed and let out the biggest sigh of frustration I could muster. Why did I have to choose between my relationship and my career? Why couldn't I have both?

It just wasn't fair.