Chapter 42

ok so it's technically midnight in the UK which means it's monday & i can post this.

no one will comment so idk why i'm writing this BUT....should i release the first chapter of my next book today? it's a simon & talia one & the next one in this series! i'm excited to release it & had the urge to do it today....please please PLEASE tell me if you want it now or if you want to wait for this one to finish. love u!

I've linked the song! So once again I'll give you a little warning when to listen to it!

Surprisingly enough, the first alarm I had set woke me up. usually me and alarms didn't get along - I had a tendency to sleep right through them, but this one had done the trick. Or maybe, it was the nerves that had woken me up, but all the same I was grateful.

Today was the big day. Or, well, the first of many big days. The first studio recording session. I was nervous, nervous that i wouldn't be good enough, worried that Joe wouldn't be able to work with my ideas. I had a few, but even then I was unsure if they were worthy enough.

Pushing these thoughts to the back of my head, I got out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom. I was in great need of a shower. Or, I was before my phone flashed up and started making a noise. Harry was trying to call me.

I paused, before quickly accepting the call. I really didn't have time for this, it was already eight am, I only had just under an hour to get ready.

"Hey!" I greeted, brushing my hair quickly. "I don't really have much time to talk, I was just about to have a shower." I apologised, flashing him a small grin.

"Right - yeah, sorry. Just wanted to wish you good luck, and tell you not to overthink it because I know exactly what's going through your head right now!"

To be fair to him, he had guessed it spot on.

"I'll try not to overthink too much! And thank you, I'll call you back later and tell you all about it," I promised, blowing him a kiss before hanging up. I felt a bit mean that I had hung up so quickly, but I could not be late on the first day, it would create a bad first impression.

My shower had been short but sweet, and now I was applying final touches of makeup. I had gone for a casual jumper and jeans look, and had tied my hair up in a ponytail. My phone was fully charged, and I had packed some snacks and water, along with my journal, where I wrote down all my ideas.

I checked the time - it was just coming up to ten to nine, meaning that Fred was probably parked outside. I grabbed my key-card and locked my door, pressing the ground floor button in the lift. I was alone in the lift, so I whipped out my phone, taking a couple of pictures in the mirror. I had to admit, I did look good today.

It arrived on ground floor, and a male was at the desk. That must've been Liam, as Andrea had told me.

I noticed the same car parked out front, and I opened the door, mumbling a quick hello to Fred.

"Miss Minter! How are you feeling for your first day?" He asked politely, pulling out of the car park.

"Fred, call me Sophie! But yes, I'm excited. very nervous though," I said truthfully, buckling myself in.

Whilst it was still chilly, the sun was out today, and I appreciated this beautiful city a lot more than I did when I arrived on Friday.

"You'll be fine. They'll love you in there," he assured me, and I smiled gratefully in return.

We pulled up at the studio again, and I saw a waving Andrea waiting for me. I thanked Fred and walked into the building, greeting Andrea.

"You feeling ready for today?" She asked, leading the way once more. I nodded, quietly responding that yes, I was feeling ready for today.