Chapter 48

Thank you so much for 80,000 reads! You guys are the best :)

The car ride home was silent. None of us had spoken a word since he had returned to the meeting several hours earlier.

I had gone upstairs to my old room, and Talia had come in and tried to cheer me up.

It hasn't done much, but she offered to stay with me, to keep me company which I appreciated. I slept then, with the comfort of knowing Talia was with me.

Harry must've still been in a mood with me, because Simon had been the one to come upstairs to wake me up and tell me that Harry was in the car waiting for me.

We pulled into the car park and Harry got out immediately, leaving the keys in the ignition. I thought he was going to hang around, but he literally just left and walked into the building.

"Real mature, Harry! Don't worry, I'll just lock up your stupid car!" I shouted after him in frustration, taking the keys out and then locking the car. I took a deep breathe, suppressing any tears that were near to spilling before I steadied myself and continued.

At least he had the decency to leave the door to his apartment unlocked. I walked in, and saw him sat on the sofa, a football game playing obnoxiously loud on the TV.

I came over and stood in front of the TV, only to get glared at by Harry.

"No. I'm not moving out of the way," I spoke, preempting what he would've gone on to say. "I get that you're mad, and I know now that I should have told you straight away. But some cooperation would be really nice right about now. Can we just talk about this like adults," I pleaded, desperately trying to make eye contact with him.

He looked at me dead in the eyes. "The way I see things, two things can happen. One. I will say I will go with you to Manchester. You will refuse, you will go to Manchester and the distance will be too much and we will break up. Or two. You stay here and choose our relationship, but start to regret your decision and that in itself will cause us to grow apart. Both outcomes end in us breaking up. So, you want to be the one to decide how we end as a couple? Because I sure don't. I would really appreciate it if you moved out of my way whilst I watch this football game."

I had no words. What was I supposed to say? I had nothing to argue. As muh as I hated to admit it, he was right. But this couldn't be the end of us, right? We had been through far too much for it to end like this.

"So what? You're just giving up on us? This is it? This is how we end? No. No, I don't accept that." I spoke, tears brimming to my eyes.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Sophie. I don't want to hold you back. You have a natural talent, and you should pursue it. I want you to." he said, giving up on watching the football game now.

I desperately wanted to ask him to come with me. To pack everything up and come and live with me in Manchester. But I just couldn't. I didn't have it in me to ask him to move across the country with me. His life was in London. That was like asking me to move to Guernsey with him.

"Look - I will figure something out. I promise. Can we just, pretend this conversation didn't happen? Let's just pretend everything is okay and that everything will work out?" I proposed the question to him, and he cocked his head.

"Figure what out? As I said, the options are limited...there's no way we're getting through this," he spoke sadly, looking at me with a pitiful expression.

"Harry...do you actually want to be in a relationship with me? Or were you just waiting for a time where we both became fragile and had the opportunity to end it there? Do you actually even love me?"

He hesitated. He fucking hesitated.

I scoffed. "I guess I've got my answer then, I'll save you a decision - I'll go to Manchester and we break up. Are you happy now? You're free! You don't have to be with crazy Sophie anymore! Happy?" I asked him, all sense of rationality had disappeared.

"Sophie - Sophie, calm down, please! I never ever said I wanted to break up with you...ever. Think about everything we've been through. Paris. Your birthday. The sidemen book tour. If we got through all of that, we'll get through this, right?"

"Why the sudden switch up? You were being the skeptical one a moment ago," I said softly, starting to calm down now.

"Because the possibility of a life without you is enough to scare me into rethinking everything. I love you too much to let you go..."

"I love you too...please trust me when I say I'll sort it, alright?"

"You really think you'll figure something out?"

"I do. Trust me, please," I begged, coming to sit next to him on the sofa.

"Alright. Alright." He agreed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as he focused his attention back on the football game. I sat there, my heart beating way too fast for me to calm down. I had to sort this out.

(Not me doing a month long timeskip....oops haha. This chapter might be a bit short, but i promise you that the next one is a treat... and the ones after that....so much drama. love u!)

"Harry!" I called out, in a desperate attempt to find my hairbrush. "Have you seen my brush? I could've sworn I put it on the dresser last night!"

"No I haven't, but check the bathroom, you put it in there sometimes!" He replied from the workroom, where he was uploading a video before we were due to leave to go to the airport to fly to Glasgow for my first small venue show.

"Thank you!" I called out appreciatively as I spotted my hairbrush lying on the countertop in the bathroom. I was pretty much packed except for the items I had used before bed last night, my hairbrush being one of them.

RecordX were sending a car to transport us to the airport, and I was under the impression we were also flying first class. I suspected Andy had done some serious talking with Kyle and had pulled some strings for me. I was very grateful - and also missed him like hell. I missed them all, although sometimes I would call Joe here and there.

Walking into the workroom I saw Harry close his laptop. "Did it upload alright?" I asked, moving back to let him out the room.

"Yep, it's up," He smiled, kissing me on the forehead.

None of us had mentioned the contract deal since we had agreed to drop it, and we had been carrying on with our lives as normal. I was still no closer to making a decision, and at this point I was practically willing for something to happen which would give me a sign.

Now I understood why people said be careful what you wish for, because I most certainly did not wish for what was to come in the next month.

Ok hello !!! SO honestly I have been on such a grind today, I've banged out five chapters - I am tempted to write another one tonight but honestly I have given myself cramp! Hope you are having a good day, don't forget to vote pls!