Chapter 11

FLASHBACK TO TWO WEEKS PRIOR.

Harry's POV

Simon had become a little distant with me recently, due to the fact that I was seeing his sister. Although it was understandable, it did hurt a little bit. However, I decided that for Christmas I was going to take Sophie for a weekend away in Paris, because it was her favourite place. I was also planning on asking her to be my girlfriend on Christmas Day, just after she opened the present.

I drove over to the new Sidemen house, and waited to b elect in. Luckily, Simon was home and he greeted me courteously.

"Yo, Harry, what's up?" He asked, as he walked into the kitchen, myself following just behind.

"It's about Christmas - and Sophie." I replied, starting to get a little nervous.

"Riiightttt?" Simon replied, waiting for me to reveal what I was going to say.

"I was planning on booking a weekend away in Paris, and also, you know, asking her to be my girlfriend." I confessed, avoiding looking at him.

"Paris? That's quite expensive don't you think? Also you two haven't known each other for that long.." Simon replied, sceptical of Harry's proposal.

"She is worth the price. And I really like her Simon. If it was anyone else you would have encouraged them and you know it." I said stubbornly. I really wanted me and Sophie to work.

"Do whatever you want then. What do you what? My permission? She is her own person." He said bluntly, clearly pissed off.

"This is exactly what I didn't want Simon. You're one of my best friends."

"You want to date my sister, that is so weird. I need time, can you give me that or can you not even handle that?"

"I can handle that, I'm sure." I said, annoyed at how rude he had been to me. I walked out, and slammed the door as I made my way to the car. I decided to text Simon just to tell him that he was being unfair.

Just so you know, you're being really unfair. You had no right to be annoyed at me like that.

At this rate, you're not invited to Christmas.

That will hurt Sophie way more than it will hurt me.

Read.

I had gotten my point across - but at what cost? Simon was mad at me and I had nearly gotten myself banned from the house at Christmas. I was going to have to make it up to Simon - but I truthfully had no idea how. I now just had to focus of Christmas.

FLASH FORWARD TO PRESENT DAY.

I passed Sophie the envelope which enclosed the two plane and hotel tickets for Paris. We were still secluded on the other side of the room luckily, and I decided to film her opening it.

"Oh no. Why are you filming it? That means it's either something funny, mean or something I'll cry at." She guessed, looking at me with curious eyes.

I gave nothing away and stayed silent, just recording.

She undid the envelope and looked inside. She dropped the envelope and screamed. That caught people's attention from the other side of the room and the girls came rushing over, asking if Sophie was alright. She was crying and so couldn't answer, so instead she just passed them the plane tickets.

"PARIS?? OH MY GOD!!" Shouted Freya.

This earned some gasps from the boys as they came over and patted me on the back, saying how good of a surprise it was. The only person that didn't come over was Simon and it was noticeable. I just shrugged it off.

I waited for everyone to go back to their seats and gave Sophie a quick peck on the cheek. "I'm so happy you liked it. I love my gift, by the way. It's amazing."

"Rosie helped me." Sophie replied honestly. "I had no clue what to get you and I started panicking but with her help I think we found you the perfect gift, and well, at least you liked it!" She said, with a grin plastered on her face.

"I'm never taking this off now, you know that, right?" I said, laughing and pulling her in for a hug. "Happy christmas, my love. Hopefully there will be many more."

Sophie snuggled tight into my arms whilst I stroked her hair, and we stayed that way until dinner was ready.

Sophie's POV

More people had arrived at the house in time for the dinner. Friends had come round - including Callux and Freezy, family members, and pretty quickly the house became busy. Luckily, the new house had a massive conservatory which seated up to thirty people, and nearly every seat was taken.

Freya, Josh, Emily, Simon, Tobi and Vikk had spent last night and earlier in the morning prepping the dinner, and at long last it was ready. I was sat next to Harry and Freya - when she was able to sit down, and opposite Ethan.

The dinner was mouth watering. The turkey was gorgeous and I feasted on potatoes. I ate so much I had to lie down straight after, but it was so worth it. Best Christmas ever.

After dinner had finished, most of the guests went to the living room, and soon enough it was just me, Harry and Simon clearing up. I could sense some sort of tension between the two, so I sent Harry back into the conservatory to collect up cutlery, to give me and Simon some time to talk.

"Explain." I said crossly, because he was making everything so awkward.

"Explain what?" Simon replied, acting dumb.

"Stop being stupid Simon. Why aren't you talking to Harry? I can sense the awkwardness, and everyone else probably can too."

"You've only just gotten together and already he wants to take you to Paris. I don't know how to deal with that Sophie. Harry's young, and immature and I don't trust him with you. Plus he's my friend and you're my baby sister. It just doesn't feel right."

I took a deep breath before answering. He had never made me so angry before. "In case you hadn't noticed, Simon, this is my life. Which means that I, MYSELF, will make MY OWN decisions that I WANT to make. Are we clear, or are we clear?" I said, having raised my voice several times. I rarely raised my voice - especially not at Simon, and so when I did, everyone knew that I was fuming.

Harry poked his head round the door to check everything was alright, but quickly left again. I could feel my cheeks going red so I excused myself and walked into the living room. However, the tv volume had been shut off and it was evident that everyone had been eavesdropping.

Holding back tears, I broke out into a run upstairs and ran into my bedroom, throwing myself onto the bed and started to cry into my pillow.

Christmas had been ruined.

follow my Instagram - @multiixfandcmm ✌🏻