Chapter 35

I'm writing this chapter listening to M83 on shuffle and,, my emotions are all over the place.
Enjoy <3

"Goodbye Mrs - Sue, goodbye Sue," I corrected myself, hugging Harry's mum one last time. "Thank you for this week, it's been amazing!" I truthfully told her.

"No, thank you, Sophie. You make him so happy, and that makes me happy."

Well, crap. Now I was going to cry.

"Mum! Stop making Sophie cry!" Harry joked, coming over to pull me away. He wrapped a protective arm around my shoulder, and after he promised his mum a phone call a week, we both walked back towards the car.

"They're all amazing," I spoke, clambering into the taxi. "They're all amazing and I loved every second of this trip. Thank you for inviting me."

This prompted a warm smile to emerge on Harry's face, and I could tell that he also felt relieved. "I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I'm also glad it's over. There's only so much time you can spend with your family before it gets, you know, suffocating."

"I know how you feel on that one," I said quietly, nodding my head in agreement. We both tuned out on the way to the airport, and went through our phones respectively.

Soon enough the car came to a halt in the car park and our luggage was unloaded for us. A quick exchange of thanks and we were waiting for our flight again.

"When we get back to London, I need to pop to my flat to get some stuff, haven't been there in a while," he laughed, scratching his head.

I sipped some of my coffee I had bought walking through the small airport, and pondered on a thought. "You know - you've slept over loads in my room for ages. It's understandable if you wanted to stay at your place for a bit, and you know, I could come and stay with you for a bit."

"I'd like that - only if you were really sure, though." He double checked, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek.

"I'm really sure. Plus, I have all the stuff I need from this trip, so I wouldn't need to make an emergency trip home. We can pop over if we need to."

"That sounds perfect! Shit, Cal and Cal are going to lose their minds, they've missed you - and me, I hope," he laughed, the sound of it promoting a smile. "What are you laughing at?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You. Your laugh. Just you in general," I spoke quietly, my small smile now transforming into a bigger one, one that couldn't be wiped off of my face.

He nudged my shoulder quickly and and whispered into my ear. "Fans approaching."

I shoved him playfully and chastised him, "Harry! They're fans stop being mean!"

As he had observed, two girls and a boy approached us, with their phones out.

"Hey guys!" I spoke cheerfully, standing up from the uncomfortable airport seats.

After a quick exchange of pictures and hugs the trio left us. "Doesn't it feel amazing to know that that's just made their day? Like, isn't excitement just buzzing throughout your body? I love meeting fans. I absolutely love it," I said wistfully, eventually sitting back down next to Harry.

"Yeah, I enjoy it I guess. I'm just not that good with social interactions - I'm not a people person."

No, but you're my person I thought to myself. Better not say that one out loud, he wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

"FLIGHT 269zh GUERNSEY TO HEATHROW IS BOARDING NOW. PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO GATE NUMBER THREE." The automatic voice blared out.

"That's us!" I exclaimed, getting up once more and stretching my arms. I wasn't feeling too nervous for this flight back, knowing that I had Harry if I needed him. "Let's go."