Chapter 31

Simon had arrived home much sooner than expected. They all had.

The moment he stepped into my bedroom, he had run over to my bed and jumped in next to me.

For the next hour he let me cry into his shoulder, moan about everything. Complain at how unfair everything was.

It was exactly what I had needed. My older brother.

"It'll be okay - you don't have to see him again, he will not hurt you again."

"I just don't get it, I love him and I don't get why that wasn't enough for him," I spoke sadly, looking up at Simon. "And hey - Wait - how come you're back so early? I thought tour wasn't ending until the first week of December? You've only been gone for six weeks?"

"Well, we hired a new manager, Vik's friend from America, but then Harry stopped turning up to meet and greets so we decided to cancel it and give everyone refunds."

"He stopped turning up? Why?"

"Because he was reminded of the situation. He probably felt guilty." Simon guessed.

I nodded my head. I had gone a while without contacting him, and although I would never admit it, it killed me.

I was so used to waking up next to him, going to sleep next to him. I was used to seeing his text messages pop up. Cute little messages that would get me through the day.

And in the space of a day it had been ripped away from me.

"Well anyway, Vik's friend - our manager, sorry, Eloise, she's staying here for a while. So you have another friend if you need her." He spoke quietly, giving me one last squeeze before leaving the room.

Once again I was left alone with my thoughts.

Why had he done it?

Why was he denying it so furiously?

Could there be the possibility he was telling the truth?

No, Sophie. You can't think that, it'll be the cause of your misery.

But what if I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I just - text him?

No.

As if on cue, my twitter notification went off.

I still had my alerts on for when he tweeted. The first time since the whole rumour started.

I didn't do it.

I audibly groaned. Why was he taking this public? It was already bad enough with the pictures spreading like wildfire over twitter.

I swore under my breath before touching his icon and selecting message.

direct message - wroetoshaw

Harry, you need to stop with this cryptic tweet shit

Give me some time to explain. Please.

Harry I've told you so many times now, it's over

You stopped messaging me for ages.

That was because I actually broke my phone

You broke it? How?

Threw it against the wall
But that's not the point
We're still over

Sophie, I love you. With absolutely everything in me. I'm not a cheater. I would never even dream of cheating on you. All I'm asking is if we can meet up and I can talk. I promise I'll leave you alone after that if you still don't believe me.