Afterword

Hey there and thanks for reading The Shady Adventures of Fabian.  It was a long journey, but we made it to the end!  So what's next for Fabian you might be asking.  Well, at the time of this writing I don't have immediate plans for a sequel, but I know he's still out there getting into mischief and I would be interested in checking in on him sometime.  I could imagine doing a full-blown second book somewhere down the road, or possibly some short stories that follow up with him.  Or maybe even some stories that look back on what he was doing before the events of this book.  He has been at this adventuring thing for awhile, after all.  The point is, I don't know yet what the future holds in store for Fabian, but don't be surprised if you see him again sometime.  He's kind of a jackass and a pretty objectively bad person, but he also sort of grew on me anyway.  I hope you at least found his shenanigans fun to read about, even though I definitely hope you never meet a Fabian in real life.

This is the third book I've written in addition to numerous short stories.  If you enjoyed this I hope I can convince you to check out Tourist Trap and its sequel Doorways to Everywhere, which are both currently available to read here on Wattpad.  I've also collected a bunch of short stories in Ordained With an Umbrella Scooter, which I'm probably going to start adding some more stories to now that I've finished Fabian.  Be sure to check that out if you're interested in something a little more bite-sized.  The other awesome thing you could do if you liked this story is spread the word.  I don't have any kind of multi-million dollar promotional machine behind me, so the best I can do is rely on people either accidentally stumbling on my works, or even better, having new readers getting a recommendation from a friend.

My process for this one was also a little different than stories I've written in the past.  This is the first time I ever started posting a book before I was finished writing it.  So in other words when I posted those early chapters I didn't know entirely what was going to happen later on in the story.  The reason I tried doing it this way was to see if it would work as a good motivational tool to write.  I figured if I kept a regular posting schedule that I felt I had to stay ahead of it would keep me from slacking off too badly in the writing area.  After all, I didn't want to come to a point where I was scheduled to post another chapter and I hadn't written it yet.  I think it worked pretty well.  I actually stayed well ahead of what I was posting the entire time.  I was never in any danger of catching up to myself and not having anything to post.  So that was nice.  The only downside to this approach is it increases the odds of having continuity errors or plot holes, because as mentioned earlier chapters were posted without knowing what the ending was going to be.  I've tried to edit as I've gone along, but it's entirely possible I've missed something.  So if you happened to notice anything I missed... be it loose threads, things that contradict each other, even grammatical or spelling errors, please point them out to me!  I'd really appreciate it.  

Anyway, thanks again for reading my book.  Writing is a fun, but ultimately kind of lonely hobby.  Getting to share it with readers is where it really comes to life.  I've got a few different things I'm working on so you haven't heard the last from me.  I'll also be hanging around on Wattpad so feel free to drop me a comment anytime.  Hopefully I'll be posting something new relatively soon.  In the meantime, stay safe out there people, and don't let the Fabians of the world get the better of you!