Mcdonalds playground and The day Luke broke

"Yes, I'd like a cheese burger." Luke told the cashier as he tapped Ashton on his shoulder.

"oh what?" Ashton seemed to be down today, He wasn't himself today. well actually he had been this way for a really long time. he just..was really good at hiding it.

"what would you like?" Luke smiled at Ashton as he intertwined his fingers with his. fitting together like a puzzle.

"oh right, just a burger." Ashton quickly smiled. the cashier nodded and typed in their orders.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Luke frowned, making Ashton's heart break. he didn't like Luke being sad, it always made Ashton feel bad. He couldn't imagine Luke being depressed and lonely.

"nothing, I'm fine" Ashton lied, He kissed Luke on his cheek. The cashier called out their order numbers. Both boys quickly grabbed their tray and walked away, not wanting to be in the way.

They sat beside the window at the back. They made small talk as they ate their burgers and finished their drinks.

"when do we have to be at the arena?" Luke asked as they threw away their trash. Ashton checked his phone and it read 3:15. they had an hour left.

"hey, there's a playground here." Luke jumped excitedly as he pointed at the room where the slides and kids playing were. Ashton laughed and tapped on the keek app.

"let's make a keek of us going in there." Ashton suggested. Luke agreed fixing his beanie.

"okay..one ..two...three" Ashton counted as he pressed record.

They stood there not saying anything for about 3 seconds.

"M-Mcdonalds playground.." Ashton said first before Luke.

"ready..one two."

They ran into one of the entrances. Luke made weird sounds as they crawled up the slide.

"oh god, I'm so fat." Ashton laughed as He tried to go up the tude.

"we don't even fit." Luke said from behind.

"I'm stuck." Ashton kept laughing. "I'm so fat."

Ashton struggled to get up. Luke waited at the bottom so Ashton could help him up after.

"oh god, I'm falling, hang on" Ashton pulled himself up as Kids yelled. Luke laughed at the curly blonde as he watched Ashton in awe.

"Okay I'm coming" Luke brought himself from his thoughts and went up the tube as Ashton did seconds before.

"Are we gonna get in trouble?" Ashton asked as kids kept yelling. "its gonna be way embarrassing. 'can the two huge assholes get out of the playground' ...say bye!"

"bye!" Luke shouted as the keek ended.

Luke managed to get up without any problems. He landed on top of Ashton, and Luke didn't hesitate to put his lips on Ashton's.

"I love you, ash" Luke mumbled in between the kiss. Ashton smiled and let his hand run freely through Lukes hair.

"I..I love you, Lukey." Ashton whispered which made Luke smile, ear to ear, Ashton loved that. He loved every little thing about Luke. He was lucky enough to get a guy Like Luke.

Ashton thought he wasn't good enough for him.

little did he know..Luke felt the same way.

months later.

Luke woke up that morning, reaching out his arm to Ashton. but he wasn't there. curious, Luke got up from the bed and lazily walked out of the room.

He yawned and scratched his head as he yelled out Ashton's name. but he got no answer.

where would Ashton go in the morning? clearly he would've told Luke first.

Luke walked in the living room and turned on the tv, sponge bob was on and Luke smiled. Spongebob is his favorite. no one is too old for that yellow sponge.

hours past and Ashton still hasn't came home. Luke started to get worried. he wouldve gotten a text by him by now, right?

Luke got up from the couch and walked down the hall to the washroom.

He looked himself in the mirror and took a deep breath. 'Ashton is coming home soon' he told himself.

he was about to leave until something caught his eye, the cabinet was open. Thats where they kept the razors and scissors. Luke put them there because he knew Ashton cut himself with those. So Luke got rid of it and hid it away from his friend. but Ashton found it, and who knows what he has done to himself.

Right away, Luke ran out and looked everywhere in the house, hoping to find him. but he wasn't anywhere to be found.

there was only one place he hasn't went to.

The basement.

Luke had tears running down his cheeks as he ran down the steps. He only hoped that Ashton didn't do anything to harm himself.

but the second he got to the last step. He froze at the sight. tears were already making its way down his cheeks.

"Ashton!" Luke screamed and fell to his knees. He couldn't believe it.

never in a million years, that Luke thought that he'd be watching Ashton dangling from the pipe, with cut opened wrists.

"Ashton.." Luke cried

right away, Luke dialled Calums number. he couldn't see through his tears.

"C-Calum, please come right away...i-its a-ashton...no..he...committed suicide." Lukes heart broke as he heard Calum cry.

"Okay I'm coming." Calum sniffed and disconnected.

Luke let out a whimper as he stood up and walked over to Ashton. He cut down the rope and gently put Ashton's lifeless body on the floor.

"Ashton..." Luke whimpered and kissed his cheek.

it wasn't long until Luke heard heavy footsteps come down the stairs.

"oh my god.." Michael covered his mouth. tears already daring to slide down his cheek.

"Ashton?" Harry whispered. He looked at his big brother with tears. He fell down on his knees and crawled over to Ashton.

"Ashton?!?" Harry screamed.

Calum tried so hard not to cry as he watched Harry screamed and cried out for his brother. Michael was already crying, He went to the other side and leaned on the wall and slid down, Michael put his head in his hands and cried.

and for Luke, he was quiet. Tears were going down his cheeks. He only stayed quiet. He couldn't even process on what just happened. a tear escaped and fell on the floor.

that was the day Luke hemmings broke.

-
Yeah this is a flashback if you haven't noticed.
if you were wondering "how did Ashton die?" ..then theres the answer. I'm sorry if this was too sad.
I just wanted to put the flashback here..before we go on day 90. :)
okay I go now. bye.