Chapter 9: Umi and Nozomi

Short chapter sorry orz. I've been busy this weekend and stuff. Sorry again.

Other than that I hope you enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Love Live! characters nor do I own the series itself.

0o0o0o0

Chapter 9: Umi and Nozomi

Nozomi looked at Umi in shock, completely stopping whatever she was doing. Umi finally looked away from her and cleared her throat.

"Sorry... I think I was being a bit..." Umi tried to think of a word, but couldn't.

"No, it's fine. I'm just... surprised that you could say those types of things." Nozomi giggled when she saw Umi blush.

After Nozomi calmed down, she smiled gently at Umi. "So... care to tell me the rest of your story?" Nozomi questioned.

"Uhm... well after she left, things got a bit... complicated." The bluehead said uncomfortably.

Nozomi nodded slowly, "I see... well, it's not like you actually broke your promise with Minami-san, right?" She continued tending Maki's wound, not having eye contact with the other girl.

On the other hand, Umi's eyes were wide and her mouth was a gaped. How? How the hell does she know? Umi questioned herself.

Nozomi glanced at Umi and saw her expression, "I have my ways. Let's just say a tomato accidentally spilled the beans to me when I saw her crying once." She answered while smirking at the unconscious girl.

Umi glared at Maki before looking back at Nozomi, "how long did you know?" She asked.

"About... the beginning of this school year?" Nozomi replied.

Umi thought about it for a second. Nozomi knew her secret for eight months, and yet Eli doesn't even know about it. Maybe Nozomi is good at keeping secrets.

"I guess I could trust you... for now, at least." Umi sighed in defeat.

Nozomi nodded and smile, "but as I said, you didn't really break your promise, did you?"

Umi looked at her questioningly. Nozomi saw this and decided to answer more thoroughly.

"From what I heard, you promised Minami-san that the both of you will get married when you're older. It's not that you promise that you won't be with other people." Nozomi shrugs slightly as she started wiping Maki with a wet towel.

Umi looked shocked. But then she realizes that Nozomi was right. She didn't promise Kotori that she wouldn't be with anyone. She has a chance.

"In my opinion, I think it was Kotori who broke your promise. But I wouldn't blame her... after all, she has been through, no one can blame the poor girl." Nozomi added sadly.

"What happened to Kotori? Why can't she remember me or... anything?" Umi asked desperately.

"Kotori has... amnesia due to an accident... but unfortunately I can't tell you more, it's up to her to tell you." Nozomi pointed slightly at Maki.

Umi looked down and nodded. Nozomi smiled gently at her as she finished cleaning Maki up. The purple-haired girl turned to face Umi completely and hugged her gently.

"Don't worry, she'll tell you soon... and Kotori will remember you. Just be a bit more patient." Nozomi whispered at Umi's ear.

When they broke apart Umi spoke, "why are you helping me?" She questioned.

Nozomi smiled as she stood up from her chair. "It's payback for helping me with Eli."

Umi smirked, "you know it's you who change Eli, not me." The bluehead replied.

"Hmmm, maybe... but it was you who stopped Eli before she could hit me." The third-year smirked back before walking out of the room.

As she closes the door, Nozomi saw a blonde girl standing right beside the room. Nozomi smiled fondly. "Fancy seeing you here... so, how much did you hear."

The girl smiled back, "all of it actually. But don't worry, your secret's safe with me, Nozomi-san." The blonde replied, lifting a finger to her lips.

Nozomi nodded confidently before walking away.

This is going to be quite interesting, the girl thought while giggling. I should tell Kanan about this! She thought with a wide smile.

----------------------------------------

Umi decided to walk home after Nozomi left. When she reached her house, she was informed that Kirane was there again.

Stomping into the room, Umi glared at the woman on her bed.

"Hm? It seems like my pet is in a bad mood." She smirked.

"I wasn't until I heard you're here again." Umi frowned.

Kirane chuckled maliciously. "I guess I have to punish my dear pet."

Umi pushed her away. "No."

Kirane frowned. "Aw. Why not?" She asked with feigning sadness. Then suddenly with a voice, Umi could never forget Kirane spoke, "please, just one more time, Umi-chan."

The voice she made was the same voice that leads Umi in that situation in the first place. It was a voice she could never resist.

It was Kotori's voice.

Kirane was good at impersonating Kotori's voice, that's how she met Umi. And that's also the reason why they have that kind of relationship in the first place.

Umi glared at her, then she pushed Kirane down onto the bed.

In the most menacing voice, she can make Umi spoke.

"You're going to regret that."

0o0o0o0

Next chapter you'll finally know Kotori's past! Yayayayay!

We're almost there guys! Also a lot more of Haru next chapter, after all, he is one of the main villains!

Well, that's all for today! See you guys in the next chapter, bai~~!