Chapter 14: Shopping With Eli

Finished this chapter yesterday but procrastinated on proofreading it until today :')

Other than that I hope you enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Love Live! characters nor do I own the series itself.

0o0o0o0

Chapter 14: Shopping With Eli

"It took three years for Kaoru-obasan to get into Otonokizaka. But she is the first ever principal to ever get into Otonoki in that short period of time." Maki explained to Umi, who was sitting on the bed.

Umi made a thoughtful face. "That probably explains the party Kaoru-san is hosting in her home." She remarked.

Though Maki had finished her story, she allowed Umi to ask her questions.

"So, my first question is, if Kaoru-san nor Maria-san don't know who the culprit is to Kotori's accident, then how do you know?" Umi questioned, leaning a bit towards Maki in suspicion.

The redhead sighed a bit and mentally scolded herself for not telling Umi beforehand. "I eavesdropped on Haru before. I told Kaoru-obasan and let's just say... it did not go well." Maki grimaced at the memory.

Umi didn't seem to understand so Maki decided to explain it a bit more. "She got mad at Haru and drank a lot of alcohol to prevent herself from hurting that asshole. My mother, Nia-san, and Erio-san was there to help her not to get into too much trouble... thankfully." Maki concluded and stood up to stretch a bit. But was careful enough to not hurt her already injured body.

"I see..." Umi leaned back and tried to think of another question. "Ah! You said that Haru's family threatened Kaoru-san. But listening to the true story, it seemed that the Kinsuda wasn't part of it in any way?"

"It was a lie, you doofus. I didn't want to tell you everything before so I bent the actual story a bit."

"Oh..."

Umi watched as Maki sat back down on the chair and started fidgeting with her necklace. The blue-haired girl remembers seeing a matching necklace Nico wears. Umi smiled at the thought of Maki and Nico being together, she never would've expected it in all honesty.

"Nozomi knows, right?" Umi asked out of the blue.

"Uh, yeah?" The redhead replied, raising an eyebrow up.

"How did she take it? You know, Kaoru-san being the reason her parents broke up and all..." Umi scratched the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Ah... it actually went pretty well, to be honest. Nozomi moved on from her parents so she talked with Kaoru-obasan," Maki smiled fondly at the memory. "It all ended with tears and forgiveness."

Umi smiled too. She knew that Nozomi was strong. It was her that taught Umi about trust, forgiveness, and loyalty. To be honest, Umi wants Eli and Nozomi to be together. And she was also the one that gives Eli some courting advice.

"Hmm, not surprising. It is Nozomi after all." Umi grinned.

"Hehe, true." Maki chuckled back.

The room was filled with a comfortable silence. Until, Maki stood up -once again- and walked towards Umi.

"Umi. Please, don't hurt Kotori. She already went through too much," Maki begged. "I'm not saying that you should stay away from her, in fact, I want you to love her... love her like you used to do and more. I'm trusting you to take care of her."