Chapter 23: The Final Operation

Apologies for being a bit late but I tried!

Other than that I hope you enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Love Live! characters nor do I own the series itself.

0o0o0o0

Chapter 23: The Final Operation

The club room was filled with dread. It had been nine days now since the first operation started, and about twelve plans were made, executed, and failed miserably. The three third-years never wanted this moment to come, the moment when they would run out of ideas or anything. It was as if an artist lost their inspiration, or an author having a writer's block, they have nothing.

That is until Eli jumped up of her seat and slammed her hands on the table. This sudden action made the two older girls flinch. With her widest grin, Eli said her idea with confidence and -strangely enough- nostalgia. "How about we do Operation NicoMaki on them?"

Nico's eyes widen in disapproval whilst Nozomi looked absolutely confused and amused. "Operation NicoMaki?" The eldest girl questioned as she watched the other two converse through their eyes. She felt like laughing at the grim expression Nico was making compared to the huge grin Eli was wearing.

"About three months ago," Eli started turning her head to Nozomi. "Nico and Maki were like Kotori and Umi; obviously in love but is too prideful -or scared- to confess to one another." Eli stood up and walked back and forth with her hands to her back. Nico shook her head at this and Nozomi smiled. "So I decided, just like this, to do an operation." The blonde grimaced at the remembrance of her -failed- attempts.

"After approximately nineteen attempts, my desperate plan seemed to succeed on the twentieth try."

"What was the plan exactly?" Nozomi giggled when she heard Nico groan after she finished her sentence. Eli spun and hurriedly walked towards Nozomi, she then took both of the girl's hand and smiled charmingly.

"Our next plan for Operation KotoUmi, to trap them in a room together for a day!"

----------------------------------------

Honoka cheerfully skipped down the hallway. Not walk, skipped. It was not rare to see the girl so happy and cheerful, but today was different. She finished her lunch early and managed to talk to her -not so secret- crush, Tsubasa. Umi didn't get how the two got along so well, especially with their contrasting personalities. But Honoka just brushed it off and said that it was probably because of their personality that they get along.

If it wasn't for Honoka's enthusiastic impulses, both her and Tsubasa wouldn't have met. And if it wasn't for Tsubasa's cool and patient nature, the two wouldn't have got along as well as they did now. All in all, Honoka is just glad that she got to meet and befriend Tsubasa. "Ah~ I'm so glad~," Honoka said to herself with a wider smile glued to her face.

"Glad about what?"

The sudden voice that came from behind startled her immensely. She spun around only to be greeted by a pair of teasing brown eyes. Along with flowing blue hair and her signature fedora on top.

"Umi-chan! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Honoka exaggerated her words by place a fist on her chest, but maybe it wasn't an exaggeration. Who knows?

Umi let out a light chuckle before grinning at the ginger-haired girl. "Sorry, sorry, I saw you pass by and thought of saying 'hi' until you blurted something out." She scratched the back of her neck in an enthusiastic manner. Making Honoka quite suspicious of Umi, so she did not beat around the bush and boldly ask the girl.