Chapter 12: Minami and Yazawa

Sorry for the long wait orz. I've been really uninspired lately. But no worries! I'll try to update more frequently, only that it might take longer than usual and the chapter might be even shorter... sorry... Anyways, rushed chapter, so I apologize for any mistakes.

Other than that I hope you enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Love Live! characters nor do I own the series itself.

0o0o0o0

Chapter 12: Minami and Yazawa

Nico stared at the girl resting on Kaoru's arms. She tilted her head in confusion and looked at the woman.

"Who's that?" Nico asked while pointing at the redhead.

"This is Nishikino Maki, my niece... well technically she's not my blood-related niece, but she still is." Kaoru tried to explain with a smile.

Nico still looked a bit confused but nevertheless, smiled. "I think I get it... ah! Why don't you come in, I'm sure Mama would love to see you!" She pushed the door open and let the woman in.

"Is it okay if Maki-chan sleeps in your room for now?" Kaoru asked the little girl as she took off her shoes.

Nico nodded and guided the woman to her room. Inside the bedroom was three even younger kids sleeping. Kaoru gently settled Maki down on the mattress before leaving to go to the living room where Nico's mother is guaranteed to be there.

As she expected she saw an older looking Nico sitting on the sofa. She seemed to be falling asleep but jolted awake when she saw Kaoru.

"Hey, Nico-chan. Why don't you go to your room for a moment? Your mother and I have some matters to discuss." Kaoru requested. Nico nodded right of the bat and ran to her room.

The two mothers stared at each other for a second before the black-haired woman grinned. "Didn't expect you of all people to visit me. If I had to guess, I would've thought it would be Erio-kun or Maria." She mused out.

"Aha, well I can be surprising sometimes," Kaoru grinned. "But it's great to see you, Nia." She hugged the woman and the latter reciprocate the action.

"As to you, Kaoru. Now sit down beside me and tell me all about what happened to you this last year."

Kaoru giggled, "you make it sound like I wasn't here for a lifetime, I was just here last here."

"Oh whatever, just tell me anything!" Nia grinned back.

---------------------------------------- 

When they finished catching up, Nia stared at Kaoru seriously. "So, why did you really come here?" She questioned.

Kaoru sighed, she knew this question would come up eventually. "Remember the reason why I came here last year?"

"How could I forget, you were so hung up about the missing files that you made my children cry!" She replied with a laugh.

Kaoru giggled a bit. "...Well, I found out someone has my files..." Kaoru muttered with a sad smile. Eyes full of dread.

Nia's eyes went wide. "I-I thought it was just missing in your house?" She exclaimed.

"I thought the same... but I found out I was wrong..." Kaoru sighed.

Nia stared at her with a confused expression. Seeing this, Kaoru decided to tell her the whole story. Throughout the explanation, Nia was quiet and shocked.