Facade [Part 3/3]

Sai and Shielda – Blaze

Yaya and Ying – Thunderstorm and Quake

Fang – Boboiboy

Gopal – Cyclone and Ice

Kaizo – Solar and Thorn

Quake slammed his fist on the table. The table shook, but didn't break. It was designed to withhold the strongest of forces, mainly because meetings like these tended to end with violence.

Thunderstorm and Cyclone shifted uneasily. They hadn't seen Quake this mad ever since the TAPOPS crew first came.

"Why the fuck should we follow your instructions?" Quake's voice was low, but laced with venom. Fortunately, Blaze, Ice, Thorn and Solar were in their rooms. They excused themselves from this meeting.

Boboiboy glanced at Quake, but didn't turn his head. He was frowning, fists clenched in deep thought. When Quake cursed, they knew it was a dire situation indeed. Quake never said a cuss word in his entire life.

"We have paired your powers with our members. They have the best chances in attacks," KokoCi explained, rather annoyed. He was oblivious to Quake's silent anger. "With this, we have the best chance at defeating Vargoba."

Boboiboy rubbed his face and glared at the paring schedule. He was with Fang? Quake and Thunderstorm with Yaya and Ying? ... this was not going to end well, one way or the other. Gopal with Cyclone and Ice... God save them all.

"You're talking chances," Boboiboy muttered, "not synergy. By our progress we've made so far, we're most likely ditching your teams behind because you can't keep up."

"It's our best shot," KokoCi argued. "If you have a better plan, we're all ears!"

Thunderstorm traced his fingers on the table. He glared straight at them. "Any plan would be better than yours, to be frank. Why did we even agree to this?"

"If you're here to talk bullshit, toilet's down the corridor," Cyclone snarked.

"Wait a minut-" Kaizo was cut off by Quake.

Quake sat back down to his seat. "The terms."

Kaizo scowled at him, but said nothing more. He looked like he wanted to gouge his eyes out, but he refrained.

"We deny your request," Boboiboy deadpanned. "We will form teams amongst our own organizations. If you happen to die, it's none of our business."

The TAPOPS team looked like they wanted to protest, but they weren't about to violate the terms. The POH members had already made it clear they won't hesitate and will happily start a war against them. They didn't want to make them their enemies.

Wait, they were already their enemies. Scratch that. But they couldn't afford another battle when they had a war to win.

"Very well," Admiral Tarung grouched. "We shall launch an attack tomorrow."

The meeting ended. The TAPOPS members had to stay at the POH quarters, since they needed to conserve as much energy they could muster. The POH members weren't happy with it, but it was one way to win a battle.

So lunch was particularly awkward. Quake, Boboiboy and Cyclone helped their brothers to get their food as the rest of the TAPOPS members used the dining table. There were plenty of earth ingredients and alien foods, so Gopal served as the cook and made TAPOPS's lunch.

But he had accidentally misfired and turned one of the plates in Quake's hand into fried rice. The fish and chips collapsed onto the floor, accompanied by the fried-rice-turned plate.