Feel This Moment [Pt. 2]

"What happened?" Blaze asked, his voice small, hushed in the acidic winds.

He tried to follow Ice in his path, but the ground was severely uneven, every piece of solid ground was the debris of an earthquake, or at the very least, a one-sided massacre.

Ice didn't turn to face him, but he waited whenever his balance was unsteady. Blaze still couldn't comprehend the fact that this young adult in black and red, who acted so vicious and decisive before, was his twin elemental, the one who used to sleep all day on his water bubble.

The future wasn't looking too good for them.

"Hey, Ice," Blaze continued, the silence unnerving. He slid down a boulder, of what used to be a part of a building, creating a dust trail in his wake. "Where are the others?"

Ice's head turned, but his eyes didn't fall on him. His shoulders rose, and they sunk back down slowly, like he was prepping himself for more emotional trauma.

"They're back at base," Ice said, turning back. He continued walking, his steps a faster pace than before. "We have to hurry. It's programmed to close after sunset."

Blaze looked up to the sky, and the sun was setting dangerously low. What kind of base keeper would program that? It sounded stupid. What if you're in dire need of a McD smoothie at three in the morning? You would have no choice but to suffer in silence as you wait for daybreak.

Whatever base Ice meant, he didn't elaborate further. Instead, he led him through the island, with no specific goal in sight. Eventually, Ice stopped at the dumpster, where Adu-du used to make his underground base. Instead, there was no visible entrance, until Ice approached the corner, hidden between steel sheets and garbage.

His foot brushed against the panels, revealing a metal flooring under the dust. He knelt down, and gestured Blaze to come closer. As Blaze watched, Ice placed his hand on the panels, and it lit up, a faint green light outlining his palm.

The neon green bled into the crevices, and with a hiss, the metal trapdoor opened, revealing a dark tunnel, with a ladder attached to the side.

"You first," he said blandly, not even looking at Blaze.

Blaze stared at Ice incredulously, but he didn't say anything. Future or no future, it was still Ice, right? He could trust him. It's not like everything suddenly went apocalyptic and they turned into zombies, right?

He nodded, and lowered himself into the hole. It was deep, but there was light coming from below, turning the previous blackness into murky grey.

The metal bars in his hands were cold and rusty, like they'd been here for many years. As he descended, Ice followed, and the metal panel sealed itself, a hiss resonating from the hinges as they were enclosed into the unknown.

Before they even reached the bottom, Blaze could hear voices. Two people conversing, voices strangely familiar. Their conversation was heated, as if they were closing into an argument.

Blaze's foot touched the ground, and the voices were silenced. Once he was certain he was on solid floor, he turned around, and he saw two silhouettes. One was in black, and the other is white. The only similar traits they shared were the gold streaks, but the pattern was vastly different.

Ice said they were dead...

The two figures snapped towards them, and they both had equally bulged eyes at his appearance. Ice arrived at the ground, and he pushed Blaze aside, and greeted the two.

"Ice," the faux-Gempa started, voice low, "what did you do?"

Ice lowered his cap's beak, and he sighed from his nose.