Vampires [Requested by syia_tsukinami]

Pairing: Syia Rose x Thunderstorm

Syia ran as fast as her legs could take her. Her black hair glistened under the moonlight. She knew she had to leave – this was the Werewolf's territory – she can't stay – they'll kill her –

She tripped on a speedbump. Her unprotected knees scraped against the rocky road, blood staining her pale skin. She tried to even her breaths. They're coming after her. She couldn't stop. She'll get caught for trespassing.

Gritting her teeth, she forced herself up. Stores were closed shut, the only illumination be the moon and the streetlights.

Her nose picked up a scent. A wolf's scent. It was near. It's coming closer. It's coming for her. It's right next to her...

"You alright?"

Syia looked up. Red eyes met scarlet ones. She held in a shriek. A boy her age was staring right into her face, his scent was the one she'd picked up earlier.

She backed up. Her eyes filled with a panic horror, and she thanked her lucky stars she was wearing that bandanna and hood or he'll see that she's a vampire, not a wolf. She might have forgotten vampires aren't the only ones with a keen sense of smell.

The boy's expression was unreadable. He remained rooted at the roadside, calmly staring at her as her back hit a wall. There was nowhere left to run, nowhere left to hide.

There were two options: run or fight. The first plan had multiple flaws: 1) She had superhuman speed, yes, but could she really outrun this werewolf? He looked pretty fast. 2) Where is she going to run to? She didn't know this was a werewolf invested country when she landed her from America. She only came here for a school trip. Ain't no one told her that they had frickin' werewolves here!

"Who – who are you?" Syia rasped.

"Are you human?"

Syia blinked, trying to control her sweating. "W – why would you ask that?"

The boy looked down, scratching the back of his head. "Yeah... you're right. I'm crap at social interaction." He looked back up at her. "But you didn't deny it. Are you a vampire?"

Syia was hyperventilating. If this guy knew she was indeed one, she was as good as dead. If by some miracle she managed to escape, he would return and track her down with a colony of werewolves. He'd tracked her blood-scent, after all.

She daren't kill him. She had never hurt a single fly in her entire life, and she couldn't hurt a werewolf, even if they were her mortal enemies. No one knows why, but she thinks it's stupid. Why can't they just all be friends?

"So I'm supposed to kill you? Or no?"

Syia gawked. Did he really just say that? It's exactly like Shouto Todoroki from BNHA! A total oblivious Deredere!

"You – you're – you're not born a werewolf, are?" Syia had heard legends. Werewolves who had killed a human were forced to resurrect the human into a werewolf. It was why the werewolves were so hard to locate physically. You can't tell who was a human or a werewolf.

Unlike vampires, they don't do that. If they drink from a human, they will either die of bloodloss or continue living their short lives. They won't become vampires unless they have vampire blood running in them. Syia was born a pureblood vampire, so she can't feel exact sympathy for those who weren't werewolves or vampires since birth.

He shook his head. He pulled the beak down so it obscured most of his face. "No... I was killed when my younger brothers were getting chased. I guess I pulled a heroic sacrifice for them."