Smite: Blaze & Thunderstorm

Situation: Couples are breaking up and they're getting new partners to smite their ex. The only problem? They need to more options outside their social circle and the Pikachu can't be at two places at once.

***

"Say, Thunder," Blaze says, accosting his electrical team-mate in the living room, where the rest of their team were cooped up in their daily routines. He slid himself onto the leather couch, his intrudement surprising his recipient and causing him to lose the game. Blaze winced. "Ah, sorry 'bout that."

Thunderstorm scoffed in distaste before snapping towards Blaze, arms crossed, muscles tense and voice laced with irritation. "What do you want, you walking candlestick?"

"You know about me and Ice breaking up, don't you?"

Thunderstorm didn't blink. "If you're going to ask me to be your boyfriend just to smite Ice because Solar asked him out, forget it."

Blaze's face burned with embarrassment, and the red hue on his ears and cheeks had nothing to do with his powers. "How'd you know?" he demanded. "It happened yesterday! We weren't planning on telling anyone yet—"

He then remembered who had asked Ice out. It was Solar, Thunderstorm's boyfriend. That explained why he knew about it. If he recalled correctly, Solar and him weren't hanging out much as often. They'd returned after a villain attack and never spoke to each other again.

Thunderstorm sighed in exasperation as he pocketed his phone in his jeans. His legs crossed, and his eyes drifted into space. If Blaze didn't know any better, he would presume that Thunderstorm was taking their breakup better than expected. He would never show weakness in front of anyone else, especially in front of them.

"I think—" Thunderstorm rested his hand on his eyes, his body leaning back to lean on the couch. "I'm—I'm not ready for another relationship. This isn't the first time someone left me for someone else."

"Oh." Blaze swallowed. He didn't expect that. "Who was the first? Is… is it someone from our team?"

"Hm," Thunderstorm slurs, evident that he was eager to end this conversation. His body tensed, his lips pursed tightly. "Am I just not good enough?" His voice cracked.

"No!" Blaze interrupted, raising his voice. "You're perfect. Literally, you have millions of fangirls on your tail. You're cute. You seem nasty on the outside but you're a softie in the inside. You—" As he continued to list off reasons why Thunderstorm was girlfriend material, his voice faltered and when he got to the end, his voice was a mere squeak with the noise of a whisper. His face burned redder than before.

Thunderstorm's cheeks were coloured the same as his clothes as well. He had taken his hand off his eyes, and was now staring at Blaze, who was already muttering incoherently to himself, and reduced to a blushing mess.

"Anywayyyyyyyy…" Blaze laughed breathlessly, avoiding eye contact. "I gotta go—"

He left the living room, entered his bedroom and slammed the door, all the while screaming into his pillow.