Showing You Care

Different elementals have different ways of showing affection. This, of course, includes notorious edgelords like Thunderstorm. Despite his hostile appearance, there's no doubt that they like to receive affection, in some ways more than others.

Head Pats

The others don't know this (save for Quake and Cyclone), but Thunderstorm enjoys head pats just as much as Ice likes sleeping. In some ways, Thunderstorm was more receiving than the others when it comes to this category. Despite being the oldest, Thunderstorm secretly enjoys it when either Quake or Cyclone ruffles his hair, whether at random or to congratulate him for a successful mission. Quake uses this method to calm him down whenever he's on a rampage, but never in front of anyone else. Cyclone has called him a cat for too many times, but Thunderstorm could never bring himself to electrocute the airhead.

Hugs

Quake was known for his ungodly physical strength and his motherly attitude. So what better way to convey affection? Hugs. He has six idiots to take care of, which meant he had the excuse to hug six dolts back in return. Quake enjoys receiving hugs as much as giving them, and would often tear up whenever someone gives him one to comfort him or just for the heck of it. Whenever he's down, however, he would rather be embraced from behind than the front, because he doesn't want his close ones to see his weakened state.

Holding Hands

In spite of being the well-known optimist of the team, Cyclone would rather sit in silence with someone he trusts and hold their hands. This has been kept a secret (save for Thunderstorm and Quake, as they've known each other for their whole lives) from the others in fear of showing his down side. It doesn't matter if the other person's hands were calloused or worn down, the only thing that does matter is that they were still there, alive and breathing. Hand-holding is one of the most important gestures that Cyclone sees in his life, because hands can tell him so much about a person.

Listening

Blaze was loud-mouthed; no doubt about it. He would often boast and cause a ruckus in the household, but sometimes what he really needs is someone to talk to. Someone that would pay attention to his words, someone that would genuinely listen to him. The only person who knows this is Ice, who grew up with Blaze as childhood friends despite their differences. All he needs sometimes was a cup of hot chocolate, a comfy bean bag and a friend to listen to him. That's what he's always after, and Ice is the perfect candidate to handle his outbursts.

Shoulder Touching

Ice wasn't known for affection one way or the other. He was the neutral side of the team, the only level-headed elemental that was lacking in enthusiasm and any burst of emotion. Despite his cold demeanor, physical contact is essential to his mental health. Really, anywhere was off-limits but his shoulders. It could either be someone holding his shoulders to comfort him or to hang behind him whenever they were wounded, it was fine. It wasn't the most direct affectionate method, but it was how Ice conveyed affection. Blaze is the only one who knows this, and would rake advantage of, often swinging on his shoulders behind him and would whine about his struggles.

Making Time

If you don't know what Thorn is all about, then I suggest you rewatch the series and take a college-level quiz about the series. Thorn is all-around wholesome and innocent, always seeing things for the better. He sees the beauty in everything, and would always be there for everyone. In doing so, he would always silently hope that someone else would make time for him too. Whenever he's down, all he wants is someone to stop whatever they were doing and be there for him, just like he done for them. There doesn't need to be any words, just sitting there in silence with him until he feels better. The only person who knows this is Solar, who grew up with Thorn since they were babies.

Eye Contact

To Solar, his eyes were the most important organ in his body. Save from his laser blasts that could erupt from his eyes, eye contact is the one thing he sees in a person. It could tell him whether if the other was genuine or forced. But whenever Solar was down, he would find someone to talk to. But the most important thing was that they would make eye contact. It doesn't have to be all the time, but a few times will suffice. It could ensure him that the person wants to be here, and he wasn't burdening anyone. Thorn is the only one who knows this because they grew up together.