chapter 27

Maya's Pov

Sitting in English I look at Dante, who seems to be alone nowadays, seeing as he was suspended for punching a kid before spring break.

Eirin sits peacefully next to him, a blank look across her face.

I've noticed she doesn't show much emotion unless with Eli or this one kid, Jay.

Or I think that's his name.

Anyway,

She is way too nice.

Something has to be wrong. I mean no one person can be so nice and happy all the time with an unreadable expression 24/7.

We came back from break about a week ago, and every morning Eirin is getting a ride with Eli or other way around.

I don't know but I just find something odd about her,  she gives me an off vibe.

Dante told me once we got back that he wanted to hook up with her, see "what she tastes like" but I said that was stupid.

She's got a guard now who won't let her out of his sight.

~.~

Dante's pov

Something had changed after that day in math class.

She never came back to class after receiving a call.

She didn't come back until after break, and I thought she would look a bit happier.

But no, her face was blank and emotionless for the first week back.

The only light I saw in her was when Eli came around.

I fucking hate Eli.

I will deal with him so I can be the reason she has a spark in her life.

She is very beautiful and oh my god, she has an amazing figure.

If only I could get near her.

But Eli got into my path and blocked it.

I want to get rid of him but I know I won't be able to.

They are like magnets and she is so scared to leave his side.

She is so cute.

"Dante?" Mrs. Whites gets my attention.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Are you focused?"

"Yes, Mrs. Whites. You have my full attention."

Everyone snickers and giggles.

"Ok, then what does it take to develop film?"

"You take the negative, put it in the negative carrier, adjust the sizing on the light to match the paper, whilst the light being off. Then turning on the light against the light sensitive paper for no longer than 7 or 8 seconds. Then put it in the developing tank, wash it around a minute or two. Than put it in the stop bath, another couple minutes. Then in the fixers for another few minutes. Than rinse it with water."

Everyone looks at me in disbelief, some kids taking notes.

"Well done, Dante."

"Is that all you've been talking about while I've been dazed?" I ask, and the class nods.

I shake my head and look out the window.

I need to think of a plan, and fast.

If I want any alone time with Eirin, Eli will have to leave her alone.