chapter 34

Eli's pov

My hand stays rested on Eirin's waist as she and her friends stay here for their friend.

I wonder if Alec is okay, I don't have a clue why he just randomly started crying.

I'll have to ask Angel about it later.

Sitting like this made me feel like it was a high school football game, when a player gets hurt and all the players get on one knee and take off their helmets until the hurt player stands. They all clap as he gets escorted by a nurse to the bench.

That's what this feels like.

Alec finally gets up and walks to the bathroom, Eirin following him.

I look at Syd and she smiles softly.

"He has random moments where he'll just start crying. His parents don't care enough to see what wrong with him so we just let it happen. It can happen with just no reason. Eirin knows how to calm him down so he'll be fine. His episodes have been getting worse since Eirin moved. She definitely was the person." She softly explains.

I nod and look back up and at Eirin and Alec.

She is wiping the tears off his face.

"They definitely keep each other sane. One time Eirin was about to punch her English teacher for threatening to suspend her for a hella stupid reason and Alec literally set his hand on her back and she was calmed. It was like magic." Margo explains.

I laugh, thinking about Eirin about to punch an English teacher makes me crack up.

We all laugh at the thought and end up in balls on the ground telling Eirin stories.

Eirin and Alec walk in and his face is. little less swollen from tears, and a smile is on his face.

"You better now, bro?" Brayton says, fist bumping Alec.

Alec nods and sits next to me.

"Hey man, I'm sorry if I concerned you with my episode, it-"

I cut him off and give him a nice smile, "Don't worry about it man, some things just happen. It's fine."

Eirin smiles at my reply and Alec smiles back at me.

"Thanks. Are you mad at me for stealing Eirin for a minute to calm down?" He looks at me.

"You kidding? No, you needed her. From what I hear you're like each other's saving grace, metaphorically of course." I smile at them.

They all laugh and I laugh with them.

~.~

Eirins pov (20 minutes earlier)

Eli smiles at us, making me feel better.

"Are you okay? Is there a reason this time?" I ask nicely, wiping a tear off Alec's face.

"Yes, actually. The trigger was when you said 'Pug day.' I'm sorry I shouldn't have gone and gotten upset."

I smile at him, "It's not your fault, it's just a trigger in your brain. Has this happened a lot since I've moved?"

He nods, "My episodes have been getting worse. More anger in them, definitely. It's hard not having you around anymore."

My smile fades and I hug him.

At this point, it's my turn to cry.

Should I have left?

It was the better choice for me maybe, but I made Alec have worse mental issues.

"I'm sorry for leaving..." I whisper, letting go of fallen tears.

"It's fine. Now don't cry, we don't want a sad sunshine, now do we?"

I smile with a nod, allowing him to kiss my head.

Our love never broke. And will never change.

It's just now I'm with someone else and it's not the same love anymore. It's more like we will take care of each other no matter what.

"Is Eli okay with us being alone?" Alec asks.

"Oh he can see us, he's fine. He trusts me and knows I wouldn't do anything to him."

Alec nods and looks at himself in the mirror.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What?"

I walk up to the mirror and look at him through it.

"Why didn't you tell me your dad was hurting you? And it went on for so long too. I feel so stupid for not saying anything. I noticed for so long that something had changed but I didn't want to upset you. I'm so sorry, Sunshine." He puts his head in his hands and for the first time ever since I've met him, I saw how much he cared.

I hug him and he hugs me back. We stay there for a while.

He smiles at me as we release the hug.

We walk out of the bathroom to everyone laughing their asses off.

Yup, I'm not surprised.

~.~

"Eli, I feel terrible."

He looks at me, changing into his sleeping shorts and climbing onto my bed.

"Why do you feel so bad?"

I look at him and sigh, "I never told Alec what was happening to me back at home. Today he asked me why I never told him and I didn't answer. Because I don't know why I never told him. He should've known... Maybe I could've handled the situation better..."

Eli looks at me and offers me a confused look, "Wait. Are you saying that if you told Eli about your dad, that you might've been able to stay back in Cali? Do you regret moving here and meeting me?"

I look at him and shake my head, "God you take things the wrong way. No, I don't regret falling in lo-"

I shut up and look at the ground, shaking my head.

I hear a sigh and his hand takes my chin and forces me to look up at him.

"Angel?"

A tear falls from my eye, "Yes?"

"I love you too."

I start to cry but I smile, kissing him and wrapping my arms around him.

His hands make their way to my waist when I pull away, and stand up.

"Whatcha doing?" He asks and I lock the door.

"Good plan."

I nod, pushing my hand on his chest and pulling the collar of his shirt.

As we slowly undress, I know one thing.

This was definitely not something I'd regret.

And I won't ever regret it.

—————————————————————————————————————————————-

Ok , so maybe I said that this would be the last chapter but it's not.

The epilogue will be next and It will be in the future, the summer after high school graduation.

And please tell me if I should make another book with the same characters an who's pov's you want to see.

Thanks for reading this if you did!

Word count: 1086