PROLOGUE ━ FIFTH MEMBER

"We don't need a fifth member!" Roger exclaimed while his hands went up in frustration. Freddie had recommended having a fifth member just for no reason and when he got bombarded with questions from the band, the only answer he gave was; "We need a soft but rough voice."

"Roger is right, Fred," Brian agreed, placing his arm over the couch, looking at his friend with a confused expression. "We already have you and that's fine."

"He's right. We already have you, Fred," Roger started, John hiding a smile as he was watching the three argue. "And we already have me."

Brian and John looked at Roger as one had their arms crossed and the other one had their hands on their hips. Roger rolled his eyes at the two, looking back at Freddie who smirked.

"What do you mean only you and Fred?" Brian asked. Roger looked at him as Freddie looked at John. This argument was starting to get entertaining and what Freddie could do was just silently stare while he held an amused look.

"Well I don't see you both trying to hit those high notes," Roger looked at Freddie as if to indicate that he was done talking with Brian about what he said. "After all, we are already great. We don't need someone new to ruin this shit for us."

The band looked at Freddie who was looking at all of them one by one. They were all looking at each other, the tension between them coursing and when Freddie opened his mouth to say something, the band listened closely.

"I know someone that you will all like," the guys groaned. Freddie grinned, grabbing his jacket from the chair next to Roger. He walked away before noticing that the boys weren't following after him. "Well, get your jackets, darlings, we're going somewhere."

Freddie, the boys, and Mary were blasted with the smell of alcohol and smoke. They heard laughter, music, and some arguing with a few sounds of glass breaking.

"It's been so long since we've been here," John said to the group as soon as they noticed the familiar scenery of the pub they first performed at as a group. "Still looks the same."

"Don't get emotional on us, Deaky," Roger said, looking around to a few girls giving him looks of lust. Roger winked at them before averting his attention back to Freddie. "Why are we here exactly?"

"Open mic tonight," Freddie looked at the boys over his shoulder, adjusting his jacket while doing so. Mary smiled as Freddie held her hand, shaking with excitement. Freddie was too excited to see his old friend again. "Although I know someone that will perform, we have to listen to all performances until we find the right one. Male or female."

Roger groaned.

The group sat in the table that was opened for the group and they all sat down in the chairs, the girls that were staring at Roger heading towards him immediately. The boys and girl rolled their eyes at him.

"I'm going to get drinks," Freddie announced, standing up. "We're going to be here for a while."

As soon as those words left the lead singer's mouth, a man with straight hair and looked a little drunk came on stage, stumbling a little. He held the guitar in his hands tightly and laughed a little as heard the sound the guitar strings made. He then started to sing and Freddie cringed while laughing a little when he heard the man slurring his words.

Freddie walked away and Brian was left nodding. "Yeah, we're going to be here for a while."

The band and Mary were all bored out of their heads. None of the performers were good as some strummed the guitar off key or some sang off key. There was no one. Freddie was twirling his drink in his hand, drinking from it here and there. Brian was almost falling asleep as his chin was propped against the palm of his hand. John was sleeping already as his face was on the table. Mary was looking around, sighing occasionally. And Roger was with some girls who looked like cats far in the corner.

"Can we go now?" Brian asked, sighing as the performer that was just as drunk as the other ones left the stage. Freddie held his finger up without looking at him.

"I thought I told you all that we were going to stay here until we find the right one," Freddie stated. Brian groaned, looking at Roger and pointing at the seat next to him.

"We're leaving right?" Roger asked as soon as he sat down next to Brian. Mary shook her head as Brian also did so.

"No," Freddie said. "I said that we weren't going to leave until we find the right fifth member. You won't find a member if you all look like little pieces of shit and look as stoned as that guy right over there."

The boys looked at where Freddie was pointing at, their faces turning to a look of confusement and annoyance as the "stoned" man was talking with his friends with half opened eyes.

"That's funny," Roger sarcastically told Freddie.

"So sit up straight, rub your sleepy eyes," he pointed at Roger, "and those lipstick stains and just focus."

The manager walks back up to the stage as the boys did what Freddie told them to. John was trying his best to wake up, too. The manager tapped on the microphone, catching the attention of everyone. "Okay everyone, this is our last performance of the night."

The band, except Freddie and Mary, all sighed in relief on hearing those words.

"Please bring it up for Gisele!" The boys all looked around as the crowd cheered and a girl came out looking happy as ever. She held an electric guitar in her hand and Freddie and Mary cheered along with the crowd. The girl was wearing high waisted striped wide leg pants with a short cropped shirt.

"It's Gigi," she laughed on the microphone. The crowd laughed as well. She smiled one last smile before she strummed her guitar, the familiar tune of "Come Together" blasting.

Roger looked up from the girls that came onto him to look at the sound and his eyes stayed on the girl's. He pushed the girls away, tapping an entranced Brian on his shoulder.

"Who's that?"

"Gisele," Freddie answered. "She's my friend. A close friend. I think we found the fifth member, darlings."