TWENTY-SIX ━ YOU'RE A LEGEND FRED

* •

. * • . ° ☆彡 °. • *.

The band was currently rehearsing for Live Aid. But, they were all worried about how Freddie was singing, his voice raw and raspy as he grabbed his throat, trying to soothe away the pain.

The boys were playing in the background and Gisele and Freddie sang their hearts out. Gisele furrowed her eyebrows, though, when Freddie's voice trailed off and he placed his index finger up to indicate the band to stop.

"Let's call it."

"Sorry," Freddie apologized, feeling the hand of his friend rubbing his shoulder. He looked at Gisele as he stared at her, her face filled with worry. "I sound like shit. You all are lovely and sound good."

Gisele fixed her top, her stomach feeling bloated as she stared at the man.

"We'll get there, Fred," she reassured. "No need to worry."

"Yeah, we're in a good place, Fred," Roger added, looking at his fiance who saw through Freddie. She started chewing her bottom lip, feeling anxious for some reason.

"Stay with the rest. That's all."

"Yeah," Freddie nodded slowly, not turning to look at the band who were all minding their own business. But Gisele... She was worried when Miami and Freddie looked at each other. He turned to look at them. "Before you leave... you have a second?"

"Yeah."

"Wassup?"

There was a tense silence as Freddie kept his eyes on the blue-haired girl who was staring at Freddie with an intense look.

"I've got it," Freddie simply said. The band stared at him and Freddie looked at Gisele who immediately grabbed Roger's hand, holding it tightly.

"Got what?" Brian asked.

"Aids." Gisele gasped softly, her eyes blurring with tears. She gulped, the lump in her throat making it hard. She felt Roger wrap an arm around her, knowing how hard the news will affect her. "I wanted you to hear it from me."

"Fred," Brian started. "I'm so sorry."

"Brian, stop. Don't," Freddie said, not daring to look away from his best friend who tried not to cry in front of them all. "For right now, it's between us. Alright? Just us. So please, if any of you fuss about it or frown about it or, worst of all, if you bore me with sympathy, that's just seconds wasted. Seconds that could be used making music." Deaky looked up, blinking away the tears. Gisele smiled at the man as he grinned at her despite the situation. "That's all I want to do with the time I have left. I don't have time to be that victim, the aids poster boy—"

Gisele sniffed, wiping away her teary-eyed eyes. "No. I decide who I am. I'm going to be what I was born to be: a performer. To give the people what they want." He raised a finger up to the ceiling. "Touch the heavens." They all smiled sadly at the man. "Freddie Fucking Mercury."

"You're a legend, Fred," Roger said.

"You're bloody right I am," Freddie smirked softly. "We're all legends. But, you're right, I am a legend." They all chuckled at Freddie's words. "Now you give me a chance to get my bitchy little vocal cords in order—"

They all nodded, laughing at what Deaky said later on.

"Alright," Freddie smiled.

Gisele looked at Miami who immediately took a milkshake out of the bag he had brought in moments ago but couldn't find the right time to give it to her. She immediately made grabby hands, feeling her mouth watering as she jogged towards him.

"Be careful!" Roger called out.

Gisele grabbed her milkshake, making small conversation with the man as he asked her how she was doing. She nodded, answering to him.

"Now, even though you're crying like three little girls," she heard Freddie say, "I still love you. I love you, too, you blueberry."

"You better not be calling me a blueberry!" Freddie chuckled as he heard her answer.

"You better not."

"But, blueberries are good, though," Brian said. Roger nodded, agreeing with him.

"Just this once, Fred."

They all laughed, going back to rehearsing. Roger headed towards the girl and Miami, wrapping his arms around her body as he smiled at the man. "Would you mind if I take her away from you?"

"I wouldn't mind, Roger," Miami smiled. "After all, she's the mother of your child and your soon to be wife."

"Thanks, Miami."

Gisele waved, her hands cold from the milkshake held tightly in her hands. Roger kissed her cheek, the both waddling towards the group who was staring at the couple with a smile.

"So," Freddie started, "do you want to do you know what?"

Gisele smiled, nodding. "Of course. I love listening to the crowd following after."

just two more chapters

just two more chapters. you can all check the new book
that i published so there's that. this part made me cry btw.