ELEVEN ━ AFTER 14 YEARS

WARNING: there are topics (mostly aboutrape) that are going to be discussed aboutin the bottom that are triggering

rape) that are going to be discussed about
in the bottom that are triggering.
if you don't want to read it, just send
me a comment here so i could explain
what happened in this chapter without
mentioning that part. have a good day :)

. * • . ° ☆彡 °. • *.

"What are you doing here?" Gisele asked, glaring at her older sister who was dressed in clothes her mother would've been ashamed off. Sabrina took a peak over Gisele's arm, but Gisele becoming overprotective, she immediately mumbled to her to stay inside and call Roger.

"I wanted to see you all," Nicole answered, staring at Gisele as the blue-haired girl blinked away the tears forming in her eyes.

"After 14 years?" Gisele glared at her sister and her dad, crossing her arms as she saw that the Melendez and the Ibori women were heading her way as soon as they heard Sabrina telling the family what was going on. Gisele heard the harsh footsteps of Johnnie while feeling Roger stand behind her. "You were sixteen, Nicole. You left me and mother alone to worry about you every single day, every single night. We were worried for 14 years, only to find out that you left with your boyfriend to God knows where. The twins weren't born yet. I was 12. Dad wasn't there at all. I went to school and, of course, as the only black girl there, I got teased and I never had my sister by my side to tell me it was going to be fine."

"Mother had the babies. I was there by her side. When she had the babies, I worked and worked and worked because mom couldn't. She was depressed. She didn't want to do anything. Not even come out of the room. I took care of the twins, I paid for their clothes, I bought what they needed. I gave momma her food, even feeding her and making her because she just didn't want to eat. I needed you by my side to help me. You could have stayed! But you didn't! Because you thought that a relationship with a man that never respected you, never valued you, and never trusted you was good enough to leave your family behind!"

Gisele sniffed, feeling Roger's arms wrap around her as she turned to face him and cried in his shoulder. Freddie turned around to face Sabrina and Johnnie, leading them away from the scene and towards their room.

"I'm sorry," Gisele heard her sister say and she heard the car door close and the car leaving. "I'm sorry for leaving you all. I am. But please listen to my side of the story, please?"

Gisele nodded, pulling away, sniffing. Her aunts where there, petting her hair to calm her down. Roger wiped away her tears and for a second there, Gisele thought she felt the familiar warm hand of her mother's doing the same thing.

"Let's go to my room," she spoke, her voice clear and stern, her posture straight, and her eyes puffy with sadness. "We can talk there."