THIRTY ━ NO...

November 24,1991

November 24,
1991

"This is Freddie's gift," Gisele said as she held the gifts in her hand. They were about to visit Freddie, told that Freddie won't make it to Christmas or December at all by his doctor.

"I know you're hurting Gisele," Roger mumbled, glancing at the girl as she looked back at their son who was swinging his legs. "Don't shut yourself up like you used to, please?"

Gisele nodded, sniffing as she wiped away the tears coming out of her eyes. Roger held her hand, his phone ringing. He let go of her hand, answering the call.

"Hello?" Roger glanced at the girl, her playing with their son in the back as she tied the boy's shoelaces. Silence passed and Roger let out a shaky breath. "Okay. I'll tell her."

Gisele looked at him as he hangs up, looking ahead at the road. She asked him what's wrong, her heart speeding up at the second. She felt her throat clogging up with the lump that was forming.

"Peter Freestone," Gisele nodded at the name of their personal assistant that she and Freddie shared. "It's too late, Gigi. Freddie died. He passed away today."

Gisele looked down at her hands that were placed in her lap, feeling Roger stop the car. Roger held her hand, looking at each other. Roger broke down, punching the wheel in anger and sadness. He couldn't believe it. Gisele gulped, sadness coursing through her when she realized that another person that is dear to her died without her being by their side. She couldn't handle the pain.

"I need to go see Jim," she muttered when Roger calmed down a bit and he held her hands. "I need to go see Mary. I need to make sure they're okay. I'll drive."

"No," Roger said, wiping away her tears. He breathed in and out. "I'll drive, okay? I'm going to take you over there. Get in the back and stay with Fey, alright?"

Gisele nodded, unbuckling her seat belt as she got out of the car. She sat next to her child, letting Feye hold her hand. She cried softly, Roger looking at his wife in worry. Feye petted his mom's hair as Gisele rested her head on his shoulder.

She spoke up. "When Freddie and I met, I remembered that in the car ride to his house, I asked him if he ever wanted to go to heaven. He said he wasn't made for heaven. These are his words, "No, I don't want to go to Heaven. Hell is much better. Think of all the interesting people you're going to meet down there." I remembered I laughed and he laughed as well."

"I never thought that that conversation would be the first few words that we ever spoke to each other than "Do you want a ride?" Queen isn't going to be the same, Roger. It isn't. I couldn't even make it with Freddie going solo and with me being alone on stage. I couldn't even sing."

"Don't think of any of this right now, Gisele," Roger spoke softly. "Just let it all out. I'm here, angel."

Gisele nodded, watching with a sad face at the road. She watched as trees passed by, her mind wandering with memories of her and Freddie messing around on stage. Smiling at each other when they sang. Linking their pinkies. Telling each other jokes. She remembered them all when they reached Freddie's house. As soon as they parked, Jim came out of the house, tears coming out of his eyes.

"Jim!" Gisele called out when Jim didn't seem to acknowledge them. The man looked at the culprit who called out his name, sighing out a sigh of relief when he noticed the best friend of. He jogged towards the girl, hugging her as he sobbed in her shoulder. "Let it all out, Jim. Let it all out, sweetheart."

"He's gone, Gisele," he cried out. "He's gone. He's gone. He's gone. I don't have him anymore. I don't have the man I love here anymore."

Roger caught her eye as he held their child's hand. Feye looked around confused, looking for his Godfather.

"Uncle Fred," Feye said, looking around still. "I want Uncle Fred, momma!"

Gisele looked at the five-year-old boy, her eyes blurring with more tears when she heard her son's words. He was calling out for her best friend. He was calling out for Fred. Freddie Fucking Mercury.

Gisele and Jim were both holding each other tight, crying their hearts out that their lover and friend wasn't there with them anymore.

Freddie will live on.

♔