SIX ━ THE COMFORT I NEED

* •

. * • . ° ☆彡 °. • *.

"Hey momma," Gisele mumbled as she looked around to see if the band was anywhere nearby. She leaned on the wall next to her, letting out a breath of relief as soon as she heard her mother, Ellie's, soft voice speaking to her sister. Gisele smiled a little as she asked her mother, "How are you?"

She heard her mother sigh and she felt hope lose her body when she heard her then having a coughing fit. Gisele bit her lip, unknowst to her that the boys could hear very well what she was saying. Her mother croaked out in between coughs, "I'm hanging there, Leidna."

It was a name that her mother called her. It was mixed with the words of her father's name, Daniel. It was her second name and now that she only used Gisele or Gigi on stage, she didn't find her second name to be relevant.

"What did the doctor say?" Gisele asked, rubbing her forehead. She felt more pressure on her shoulders and she felt her heart pumping against the flesh of her chest as she heard the pumping as well.

"It's not good, Lei," her mother said. Gisele furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean it's not good?" Freddie sighed sadly when he heard that, knowing from Gisele that her mother wasn't feeling well. Brian felt pity for the girl and he felt bad now. She was always there for every one of the members, she was. She was there to calm them down when they got irritated by the media and she was there to comfort each of them when they felt pressured. She never asked for help. John felt like he was going to cry by how confused and stressed the girl seemed to be. Roger was feeling protective already, knowing how close her and her mother were.

"They said it's cancer." Gisele's heart stopped. She let out a shaky breath, feeling the tears forming in her eyes. "It's been taking over my body and I have been having it for quite a while now. I thought that my hair was falling because I was getting old."

"You don't look a day over 50 momma," Gisele chuckled sadly. She placed her forehead on the wall. "You have cancer then? How much do you have?"

"They said 3 months Gisele," Gisele felt the tears slipping from her eyes as she choked back a sob. "But I think it's less than that. I don't want to get treatment, I want to spend the last few months with my children and be the proud mother of the infamous, Gisele Melendez!"

"I can come hom-"

"No!" Her mother immediately cut her off. "No! No! No! As your mother and birth giver, I demand you to stay there. If you dare come here your fans won't have someone to look up to anymore. Please Gisele. As my last wish, make me proud. Tour and give me grandkids with that blonde boy."

"Oh my God," the girl groaned as the mother laughed at her daughter's reaction. "Momma, no-"

"I don't want to hear it," Ellie said and Gisele imagined her mother giving her her infamous look. "You need to get together with that boy. When you move on stage, his eyes trail over yours and he just smiles and gazes. If that ain't love, I don't know what is."

"He doesn't love me."

The band smirks at Roger who was staring off. He then looks towards the guys' eyes, raising his eyebrows at them in question. They all shrugged in unison and Roger felt a little weirded out.

"Oh shut up you."

Gisele sighed. "But you said you only had headaches and was always dizzy?"

"I have been having some things Doctor Morgan had said that are some symptoms," Ellie said. "Rectal bleeding. Losing weight. I have been having abnormal bumps. I didn't think much of it. But, if I die sooner, I need you to just live life alright? Yes, I may not be here anymore, but I want you to live that rock star life you have been wanting to have since a little girl. And Freddie is going to be there along your side and I know you are going to keep him by your side. After all, your aunt Luviela said that she'll take care of Sabrina and Johnnie."

"I'm going to miss you so much," Gisele said, her voice cracking as her voice shook with sadness about loosing her mother. "I won't have my number one fan. I promise you, that one day when we make it so big and we go on a stage where millions of people are watching, I'll make you so proud and I'll look up in the sky just to remind myself that I did it if it wasn't for you."

"Oh, Gisele," her mother started.

"I'm going to be miss you momma," Gisele mumbled. "Tell Sabri and John that I love them."

"I will. And sweetheart, swoon those people and you gotta swoon those haters. They gotta know you made it big and that their constant hate didn't stop you from achieving something that they thought you weren't going to achieve. I love you."

"Love you, too, momma."

She hung up the phone and wiped away her tears. She breathed in and out and stood up straight with a bright smile up her face when she immediately walked into the room where the boys were at.

She looked at each of them, their eyes giving away that they heard everything without meaning to.

"I'm sorry, darling," Freddie said, hugging her as tight as she could before she wrapped her arms around his shoulder.

John was next and he hugged the girl just as tight. "You're going to fulfill your mother's needs one day and you'll make her just as proud as you make us."

Brian was next and the man looked at the girl before he smiled sadly down at her. "Just know that we're there for you, blue. We're your friends." He looked at the side and he quickly mouthed "except him" so Gisele knew that he was talking about Roger. "And I know that you don't want to be the "Poor Thing" so, I got you this so you could write a song. I was going to give it to you a long time ago, but I think you need it now."

He gave her a journal, the cover as bright as her blue hair. She smiled when she saw the words Queen and a small photo of them all, that seemed to be cut off of a newspaper, placed on it.

"Thanks Brian."

Roger didn't say anything but hugged her, lifting her up from the floor and nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck. "I can't describe in how much pain you are in. But just know, that along the way, I'm going to be by your side and helping you. And don't feel like a burden, because angel you are the most fantastic human being that deserves to be happy. I want to see that beautiful smile of yours everyday. "