TWENTY ━ SOLO

* •

. * • . ° ☆彡 °. • *.

Gisele was sitting on Roger's lap while the other two were sitting on the couch, listening to what Freddie had to say based on their video Break Free. He was currently telling Roger off by saying that it was his idea not his own or Gisele's. His.

"Freddie the Freak," Freddie named, "Freddie the Fag. I'm tired of touring. Aren't you? Album. Tour. Album. Tour. I want to do something different."

"We're a band," Gisele said. Brian and the boys immediately looked at Freddie carefully when he glared at the blue-haired girl, tightening his grip on the glass cup he had on his hand.

"That's what bands do," Brian continued, giving Roger a nod as he saw the blonde grabbed Gisele's hand and wrapped an arm around her protectively. "Album. Tour. Album. Tour."

"Well, I need a break." The band immediately stared at Freddie in disbelief. Gisele furrowed her eyebrows, a look of confusion written all over the face when she stared at the man who was looking out the window. "I'm sick of it."

"What are you saying, Freddie?" Deaky questioned, looking at the man as well. Gisele shook her head softly, placing her hands on her eyes.

They all stared at the man's back as he lit up a cigarette. They all waited for Freddie's answer and Gisele laced her fingers together with Roger, afraid of what his answer would be. Gisele almost stood up when she saw Freddie looking at Paul and Paul nodding.

"I've signed a deal. CBS Records."

Gisele's heart stopped.

"You've done what?" She asked, the boys staring at her, afraid of what her reaction might be. She already had enough on her plate. She didn't need more stuff to stress about.

"Without telling us," Brian immediately sat up.

"What kind of deal?"

"Look I'm not saying we won't record an album," Freddie said, turning around to face the band. "Or ever tour again. Queen will go on. But I need to do something different. You know what I mean? I need -I need to grow. What-what's the song? Fly Away."

They all stared at the man in shock, all of them still trying to process Freddie's words and trying to understand. Gisele was trying to figure out what was happening, breathing in and out so she could calm down. She heard snippets of the conversation while the words Freddie said echoed in her head.

"A solo album?"

"Two actually," Gisele stood up immediately at the sound of his voice, anger coursing through her as he didn't listen to any other words he uttered. She heard the band argue and she looked around, coming face with the dead blue rose that Gisele had given Freddie and he took care of it well for a while. But now that she saw that rose, something that defined her, she knew everything ended.

"How much?" She looked away from the dead rose, facing Freddie. She stared at him hard and he looked back at her with an emotion well hidden behind those eyes of his. The emotion flashed by immediately, the man looking away from the girl as if she wasn't there at all. "What did they pay you?" Roger stood up immediately, furious. "I want to know how much they pay you!"

"Four million dollars!" Freddie yelled back, turning around rapidly. Gisele gaped at him, staring at her shoes as the band looked at Freddie with disbelief. Brian scoffed and Deaky nodded his head slowly. Roger immediately grabbed the girl, bringing her closer to him.

Gisele shook her head, her chest feeling heavy with anxiety. She didn't want to hear any more. She didn't want to be there. She just wanted to go back to the 70s where the band met her and her and Freddie were the best of friends. She wanted to go back to the old times.

"Freddie," she heard Brian start, "we're family."

"No! We're not!" He yelled. "We're not a family. You've got families. Children. Wives. Girlfriends. And what do I got?"

"You've got four million dollars," Deaky said, "perhaps you can buy yourself a family."

Gisele caught the eyes of Brian and Deaky as they stared at her, asking her if she was okay quietly. She nodded, knowing the reason they asked that was due to the fact she wasn't talking much. She went back to her thoughts.

"Compromise?" Roger asked. "Are you joking?"

She heard Roger mention Freddie's last job, causing a bigger argument to start.

"Without me, you'd be a dentist," Freddie walked towards the band, Gisele ignoring him partially. She didn't really care at this point. She didn't want to. She knew she didn't want to. "-Dr. Brian May." She faced the other side of that room, not daring to look at the man that was breaking them apart. She also didn't want to look at the other man in the corner, staring at them. " -nothing comes to mind. Gisele, the lonesome sister, and maid that never accomplished anything because she always listened to what mommy had to say."

"I studied electrical engineering," Deaky answered before he looked at Gisele to let her explain what she was studying.

"I studied philosophy and music," the girl answered.

Freddie and Paul laughed at the two, Deaky and Gisele glaring at them as they did so.

"That's perfect."

Freddie walked away after a moment of silence and Roger turned around o face him before Freddie left. "You just killed Queen."

"You need us, Freddie. More than you know. "

"I don't need anyone," Gisele clenched her jaw when she saw Freddie hold the rose in his hand, forming a fist and opening his hand to reveal the rose in ruins. "Especially you, Gisele. You are a liar and you're controlling. I wish I'd never met you in that pub. I wish you the best, my dear. You need it."

Freddie walked away, leaving a friendship broken behind. Leaving a broken band. Leaving broken hearts. He left everything behind as soon as he stepped out.

Paul slapped a hand on Roger's shoulder and Roger immediately tried to push it away.

"You've just ruined something big, Paul. You just ruined Queen and karma is gonna bite you in the ass one day."