TWENTY-THREE ━ GET IN LOSER

* •

. * • . ° ☆彡 °. • *.

Freddie awoke to the sound of someone knocking on the glass door, his cough not making his situation any better as he was laying down on the couch uncomfortably.

He immediately stood up when he noticed Mary standing there, a worried expression overtaking her face. She didn't want Gisele to see him like this. She would be too hurt to see him like this and when she noticed the girl's state by now, she knew the blue-haired already had enough on her plate.

"Hi," Mary smiled at him.

"Hi. Mary come in," before Freddie could say anything else, Mary engulfed him in a tight hug due to not seeing him at all for a few. "Why'd you come all this way?"

"—I just had this terrible dream that something happened to you," Mary looked around the room, bottles were scattered everywhere.

"I'm just working. That's all."

Gisele, Freddie thought of. Where was she? Was she okay? Was she happy? Did she care about Freddie? He just knew he didn't want her in his house due to the drugs sprawled on the table that had caused him to feel embarrassed when Mary noticed them. He didn't want the girl there because he knew how disappointed she would be if she saw how he was living.

"I miss you," Mary whispered to Freddie.

"I miss you," Freddie said back, "I miss you so much. You and Gisele. But I have to finish the second album. I need you to... Stay! Stay here with me—"

Love of my life, he had mentioned after. Mary couldn't help but rethink of Gisele who was heard singing that song while crying. Gisele needed to be here to support her best friend she never gave up on. Although she said some stuff as well, the bond between her and Freddie... it was unbreakable.

Mary gently took off Freddie's hands that were placed on the side of her head, holding them. She said in a hushed voice, "Freddie, what about Queen? Jim told me he's been trying to contact you about Live Aid and you won't take his calls. Gisele has even called in regard of her wedding, wishing for you to be the best man."

"What's Live Aid?" He asked.

"You haven't heard?" Mary could hear Gisele's voice in her head, yelling at Freddie. "Fred, it's the biggest concert that's ever been and will ever will be. It's for a family in Africa."

"Paul said it wasn't a good idea. That it would be a great distraction for my work. And that's what's important: that I finish this album. Stay with me, darling and it will be alright."

"Freddie I can't stay with you."

"Of course you can," Freddie argued, not wanting to let the woman of his life slip through his slender fingers again. "I need you, Mary."