Benny

You smile, watching the man you love rub his hand over your growing baby bump. He meets your eyes with a goofy grin etched over his features. "What're we namin' my girl?"

A laugh slips passed your lips as he automatically assumed the two of you would have a daughter. "What if it's a boy?"

Benny hums in thought, burying his face in the fabric of your sweater before his brown eyes meet yours again. "That's okay. Whether we have a princess like yourself, or a Benny Junior, they'll be just perfect."

His words made your heart flutter, with more appreciation of the man than you've ever cared to give him. Benny always was hard-headed and often did things that you frowned upon, but once you shared the news of your pregnancy weeks ago, he instantly changed his ways. The man in the checkered suit actually seemed prepared to start a family with you though he had no clue of how to do so.

"Portia, if it's a girl. Definitely mini Ben, if it's a boy." he stated his proposition of the names, making you furrow your brows and laugh at his conclusion.

"One Benny is enough, don't you think? Besides, I like the name Darla. It's quite fitting." you told him. Benny nodded in agreement, crawling up to meet your face. He cups one of your cheeks in his hand and brings you in for a loving kiss.

Once separated, Benny planted another soft kiss to your cheek. "I love 'ya, you know that? You're the best damn thing that's happened to me, baby." The man professed his love for you, as though this were his first time doing so. It was just another element to your life together and more to go on. "I can't wait to meet our little bundle a'joy."