Lucas Simms

Lucas laces his fingers with yours. bringing your hand to his lips where he plants a soft kiss to your knuckles. The two of you cuddled on your couch, you laying in between his legs with your head on his chest and his chin resting on top of it. These were how the two of you would spend most of your lazy days together, when he wasn't busy at work or at home caring for his son, who you have yet to meet.

Seven months steady and he's already told you all there is to know about him, but he has never introduced Harden, his ten year old son, to you, saying that it would just be too hard for the boy to accept after the death of his mother years ago. You understood completely and never pushed it, assuming it would happen one day and that day was today.

Lucas grinned with excitement as he awaited the perfecting timing to tell you the great news. "So I told Harden today," he begins calmly, "And he's very excited to meet you."

You turn around, a giant smile on your face after hearing this. "Really?" you gleam, making the man chuckle.

He nods, "Of course, and, he's on his way here now."

"What?" you stand up from the couch, looking around for a shirt to pull over your tank top, stressing over your casual appearance for your lover's son. You didn't want him to get the wrong image of you.

Lucas stands to his feet and walks towards you, wrapping his arms around you waist. "Hey, stay calm. It's alright, flower, I'm sure he'll love you."

You smile and nod, just as a knock sounded on the door. "Come in." you chime, watching as it cracked open and the boy peeked through. He opened the door completely once he saw his father and shut it behind him.

"Harden, this is Y/N, my girlfriend." Lucas introduced the two of you.

Harden smiled softly to you, reaching his hand out for you to shake. "It's nice to meet you, ma'am. I— Thank you for making my dad happy." he blurts out, looking to his dad with a slightly embarrassed look, though his father could only muster up a wide grin.

"I couldn't imagine it otherwise." you replied, meeting Lucas' brown eyes. He takes your hands in his and laces your fingers together.

The man looked at you and his son together and he saw family, something he would want to last forever. He agrees, "Me either."