Charon

Though even a few months out of the vault, you still weren't used to the strong RadStorms. The thick green fog, heavy rain, and booming thunder was enough to make you jump out of your skin.

Your companion sat calmly in a chair across the room, cleaning his gun without a care about the storm. You emit a soft sigh, closing the curtains of your room as an attempt to block out the storm. However a loud clap of thunder strikes down, causing you to jump at the sound.

Charon notices your distress and immediately puts his gun on the side table next to him. He stands from his chair and walks to meet you by the windowsill.

"You okay, Boss?" He questioned you wearily, barely ever seeing you off-guard like this.

You nod slowly, calming yourself until the storm grew more rapid. "It's just– I've never really liked these storms." You admit shyly, your eyes going soft as you meet his dark orbs.

"You're scared of the... storm?" He questioned to be sure, as he figured this wasn't really like you at all. You were the badass that hired him after all, showing him all of your courageous ways throughout the Wasteland, but a small RadStorm terrified you.

You nod again, shuddering at the quick rain hitting the glass window. On instinct you scooted closer to Charon, taking comfort in his form. He awkwardly wrapped a fragile arm around your shoulders, allowing you to cradle yourself into his chest.

"They don't usually last too long. Until it's over, you're safe with me, Boss." Charon assures you, watching as you calmed down in his hold.

"Thanks, Charon. Look, I'm– I'm really sorry you have to see this side of me. It's not exactly the same tough girl who bought your contract." You murmured lowly, slightly embarrassed that you so easily took comfort in him.

"I'm not sorry to see it." He admits, surprising you. "I'm glad to know that there is another side to you, and it's like this."

Although you could tell Charon was avoiding calling you soft, you could simply tell he was referring to it. But it didn't bother you at all. Charon was happy to know that you weren't all bad — And you were happy to have someone on your side, who didn't force you to face your fears no matter how light.