John Hancock

Hancock looks over to you with an unreadable expression. The corners of his lips twitch up into a smile as he watched the flames of the campfire dance in the reflection of your eyes. You return the same smile, placing a hand over his and lacing your fingers together. Hancock looks down to your entwined hands, wondering how you've grown accustomed to his rough skin against yours. It was never a thought that crossed your mind.

The two of you have been, what some would call lovers, for quite some time now and you felt like you really knew the man, though at times it was hard to tell. He was most definitely a confident man but when around you, he seemed a little more concerned about everything to do with fixing himself. You thought there was nothing he could fix, as he was the best version of himself right now with you.

"It's getting pretty late, Sunshine. Do you want to sleep? I can take watch." he offered, but you shake your head and move closer to his side, laying your head on his shoulder.

"If I'm asleep, then I can't be with you. Or not aware of that, at least." you tell him, closing your eyes and taking in the silence of the night.

It was just the two of you, how you wished for things to be like for so long. He was always busy being mayor of the most acceptable town in south Boston, and you being the General of the Minutemen and a Railroad agent gave you the liveliest schedule you've had for a while. Catching a break was hard, but the time was always well spent with your lover, Hancock.

"Yeah, you don't look so tired." Hancock says sarcastically, kissing your forehead. "I'll give you a shake if you start drooling on my coat."

You shove his chest lightly, releasing his hand so you could situate yourself in his lap. He holds his arms around you tightly and melts at the sight of you just... being you. The person he fell in love with and felt like he didn't deserve your love in return. You place a hand on his cheek, leaning up and connecting your lips.

"If those are the bad thoughts swarming that beautiful mind of yours, toss them away. It's you and I forever, baby." you tell him, making the sensitive ghoul grin and nod.

"I know, you say that often. It's just difficult, knowing that of all people or ghouls, you chose me to spend the rest of your life with. And that... that's something I'm proud of, probably the only thing I have to hold accountable for something." he continued on with his speech of feelings, that he did so often. "I just want you to know that you mean everything to me, darling, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else besides with you."

"I love you, John."