Lee Everett

Your lover's strong arms were wrapped tightly around your waist. Being in his hold allowed you the best sleep, even if you two had to rest on the floor of a rustic service station until the herd outside passed.

"Good morning, honey." His husky morning voice filled your ears, bringing a smile to your waking face.

You shift your body so you could face him but remain in his hold, then wrapped one of your arms around him as well. "Good morning, love."

He leans in and plants a soft kiss to your temple, smiling against your skin. "The herd should be cleared up soon. We can get back to the others with what goods we've scavenged within a few hours."

You meet his loving brown eyes, him watching over your sleepy features happily. It was like the two of you were finally at peace together. None of the chaos outside of the small room mattered right now and it was only you and him.

"I— There's something I've been meaning to tell you. It's about who I was before. I don't want you to get the wrong image of who I am—"

"Lee, sweetie, who you are now, the man I'm with now, that's all that matters to me. I love you, and that won't change." You peck his lips and nuzzle into his chest as he rested his head on top of yours. "You don't need to explain yourself to me, you'll never have to."

"You're everything to me, sweetheart." He closes his eyes, content with the warm feeling you give to him. His heart fluttered with much love, appreciation for what you've given to him without much thought. It was a second chance— to prove that he was worthy. His mistakes always came back to haunt him, and truly, he believed you were a blessing through it all. "I love you, Y/N."