John Hancock

The hairless cat hopped gracefully off of your shoulders and scattered away, getting a feel of its new home. You found the animal out in the wastes today, instantly falling in love with the adorable creature, and decided to bring it back to Sanctuary with you.

You hear a shriek come from your bedroom, smiling to yourself. Hancock took a break today, so he didn't exactly expect any kind of animal to jump on him while he relaxed in your shared bed.

"Y/N!" He called from the bedroom, to which you appeared in the doorway with a cheesy smile on your face. "What is— awh, don't tug on that." Hancock cut himself off to lightly scold the cat when it scratched at his hat and pulled it down over his eyes.

"It didn't have a home, so... now it does." You told him, a blush taking over your cheeks as the ghoul studied you with a certain admiration, of which he knew the real reason you brought home the cat.

"You're too cute, sunshine. Have you given it a name yet?" He hummed, taking the cat in his cradle and easily befriending the animal.

"I was hoping that you had something in mind."

"Venus." He seemed sure that this was the perfect name for the hairless and irradiated cat that sat comfortably in his lap. He then chuckled to himself, "Or we could get a theme going, name it Catmeat."

You roll your eyes at his joke, taking a seat beside the man in awe over the little creature. "Venus, it is."

"Do you always pick up the ugly ones?" He was mostly referring to himself, wondering what you saw in him or this strange cat.

"I pick up the beautiful ones, inside and out. I've heard plenty about evil cats, but Venus is nothing like them. She's a sweetheart." You played dumb to his statement, knowing Hancock would often talk bad of himself, but you would either compliment him enough until he blushed or played dumb long enough for him to explain how he truly felt.

"You and I both know this ain't about the cat, sunshine. But I appreciate you keeping it light." He wrapped one arm around you and pulled you into his side, while his other hand pet the cat gently. "You're a rare one, baby."

"We all are."