Kent Connolly

A special attraction for the ghoul set after helping him many times with silly requests. You never understood why Kent would need some of the stuff he asked you for, but you never questioned it, just being glad to help him. He was the kindest man you've ever met in the ruins of Commonwealth, not to mention all of his quirky traits and habits that only made your heart flutter when hearing him openly and expressively talking about them.

You walk into the Memory Den, waving to Irma before entering the room where Kent spent most of his time. His eyes gleam once he sees you, standing up and meeting your presence at the doorway.

"Y/N, I wasn't expecting to see you so soon!" he exclaimed, visibly excited to have you here with him now.

"I was in town and decided to stop by. Couldn't resist not seeing my favorite ghoul, now could I?" you tell him, sending a wink.

If not for his irradiated and aged skin, a deep blush would have set over his cheeks. The man lets out a rasp chuckle, inviting you in for a welcoming hug. When he pulled away, his gaze lingered over you a bit longer than he intended. You didn't notice however, your eyes going to the Shroud suit he put on display.

You point to it and before you could speak, Kent replied, "I know you gave it back to me, but only someone with Shroud potential should be the one to wear it proudly. It's on display until you welcome it back."

You smile to him, nodding. "Thank you, Kent. I'm glad to know it's in safe hands."

He bounced on his feet awkwardly, knowing that he didn't want to talk about the costume any longer. Kent has had only you on his mind for so long. Often he would send out a broadcast to 'The Shroud' to bring you back to him, chat for a bit, before giving you a random quest to fulfill the purpose of your visit. But he knew deep down it was never about that, and he only wanted to see you again. Kent was scared that if he didn't call, you would just forget about him.

He was exhilarated when he saw you come in even without sending his broadcast out. Kent finally understood that he was also on your mind and it pushed him to finally admit what he's been feeing for you for a while now.

"Y/N, I know it's strange coming from me, but I— I think you're a resilient woman and you mean a lot to me. I would like to... go on a date some time, if you'd like to, I mean." he stammered out awkwardly, once again cowering in his spot. His confidence was short lived until you show off a bright smile and nod your head, causing him to gain his firm stance back. "R–Really?"

"Of course! I was wondering how many lost Shroud holotapes I would have to find for you to finally know how I felt." you joked, a light blush running over your features.

Kent gave you a soft smile before pulling you in for another meaningful embrace.