28

Jiang Zhenzhen only learned of Jiang Wan's impending wedding from her classmates. She had already noticed Jiang Wan on the TV a year ago, but at that time, she had just been a support character. Jiang Zhenzhen had expressed her disdain and contempt, thinking that she was overestimating herself.

'If she manages to become famous, I'll write my name backwards!' Were her thoughts then.

However, in these few months, news about her steadily flowed in. Jiang Wan had clearly become famous. Some acquaintances would ask her about Jiang Wan when they met and tell her how lucky she was to have a celebrity as a big sister.

There was intense jealousy in Jiang Zhenzhen's heart. 'She actually made it!'

And now she was going to get married. And to someone rich too. How would Jiang Zhenzhen not be jealous? Marrying into a rich family had always been one of her dreams. However, while she was still stuck wondering how to achieve this, the Jiang Wan who she had always looked down on was about to achieve it!

The thing that caused the most jealousy was the fact that Jiang Wan had companies under her name.

'If I had money, would I still need to marry into a rich family?'

"Daddy, look at Jiang Wan. She's famous now and owns companies. I asked a friend and she told me that the lowest estimate for the value of that entertainment company is $200 million. She also has an investment company too. Can you even guess how much money she has now?"

Jiang Yuan looked at his daughter, not completely believing her words. "Does she really have that much money?"

"Dad, you don't know this but the entertainment industry is the place to make money." Jiang Zhenzhen nodded. "Just one advertisement could get you a few million."

"But... With what we did back then, will she even admit to knowing us?" Jiang Zhenzhen's mother was a bit hesitant. If she had known that Jiang Wan was so skilled, would she have wanted to marry her off to an old man?

"I'll see if she dares! We're her only family members. Besides, she stayed at our house for so long, it only stands to reason she should show her gratitude, no?"

"Exactly. We raised her for so many years yet now that she has some money she doesn't want to recognise us? In her dreams!" Jiang Yuan agreed with Jiang Zhenzhen.

Jiang Zhenzhen was already imagining her life of luxury after getting money. She would buy all those things that had once seemed so far out of reach.

This wasn't the first time Jiang Zhenzhen had attempted to get her parents to extort Jiang Wan but they had always felt a bit awkward about that matter after wanting to marry her off earlier. Now that her companies were revealed though, the lust for money suppressed that awkwardness in Jiang Yuan's heart.

'Jiang Wan is just a girl. When she gets married off wouldn't those things become her husband's? How can my Jiang family's possessions be given to outsiders?' Was what Jiang Yuan was thinking.

Hearing her husband's and daughter's words, Mama Jiang felt more confident. She had already been a greedy person so how would she give up on Jiang Wan, this fat piece of meat?

Hence, the family of three set off to the capital to find Shi Sheng. Because they didn't have her number, they only managed to find Mantian Entertainment after much effort.

But by the time they got there, they were informed that Mantian Entertainment was no longer located on the premises. Only after Jiang Zhenzhen had spent a lot of effort online did she dig up the current address of Mantian Entertainment.