23

Shi Sheng was very busy as of late—busy finding trouble for the Bei Family.

"Ms Bei, Bei Enterprises is currently at its peak. What we're doing is hitting a stone with an egg! This is not a wise move at all!" The CEO Shi Sheng hired spoke with an agitated expression.

Shi Sheng sat without a care for her image, legs crossed and an ice cream in her hand which she licked before responding, "Ant nests can break a thousand-mile dam. As long as we have the perseverance, there's nothing we can't do."

"But we need ants for that! Ms Bei, how is our company, which only has slightly over 10 people aside from me, supposed to go against a titan like Bei Enterprises?!"

Shi Sheng rolled her eyes at him. "Who needs you to act? You think you're Nezha?"

CEO, "..."

She swallowed the ice-cream before speaking composedly, "There are plenty of people in this world who want to see Bei Enterprises crumble. All you have to do is find these people, and offer them the information they need."

Mr. CEO was suddenly enlightened. He quietly gave his boss a big thumbs-up in his mind but of course, showed no outward signs of it; he was afraid of her ego getting even more inflated.

"Have you found anyone who fits the requirements?"

"Yes, but the salary..."

"Give him however much he wants, provided he has the ability. Complete the next order, there'll be a reward."

"Then there's no problem."

"Go ahead and do what you want. We don't have any net worth anyways, so we aren't afraid of being investigated."

CEO, "..." 'It's true we don't have any net worth... but that's because all of our capital's swimming around in the stock market!'

"Find some hackers too; we're forming a specialised team of them. They're going to be in charge of brokering information." Shi Sheng continued, "I want the more skilled ones. Preferably those on the level of selling national information."

CEO, "..." 'Boss... what are you planning to do?! Start another world war?!

Also, do you think hackers are white cabbages abundant in the streets, ripe and ready for easy picking?!

These kinds of talented people are either working for the fucking country, or are under heavy surveillance by said country! You think we can just poach them?!'

"Do well and you'll get to enjoy your monthly salary of 10 million. Walking to the peak of success and marrying your ideal woman isn't just a dream!" Shi Sheng ignored his bewildered look and patted his shoulder before waltzing off.

The CEO really felt like just running off right now. The amount in his bank account had already broken past 100 million; he didn't know why this young boss of his was so reassured with him.

Only many years later did the CEO know why he hadn't run back then. He had probably felt, even back then, that money really was just a number as long he was following this boss.

......

Though the loss of two of its large projects in a row cost Bei Enterprises a lot, the damage did not reach its roots.

But in the following period, all sorts of situations cropped up; projects and orders were lost constantly, as if the people opposing them had decided to all act at the same time. Yet they couldn't find anything no matter how much they investigated.