7

Shi Sheng turned to leave when System's voice rang out again, [Chain Quest 2: Send Fu Qin to the hospital.]

Shi Sheng, "..."

'Are you fucking sure you didn't just decide to do this on a whim? I'm starting to regret my decision now...Why did I have to cause trouble for myself by choosing chain mode?!

As expected, there's always a trap whenever it comes to System's stuff...'

Our dear System who had been unjustly ridiculed, 'I am innocent in this! Who told you to not act within expectations?!'
......

If she was to be completely honest, Shi Sheng had never expected this villain-sama to be so... weak. 'Are you sure this is a villain? He's actually the female lead, right?!'

Shi Sheng stood next to the bed and supported her chin with a hand as she stared at Fu Qin.

Fu Qin still had the appearance of a teenager so to Shi Sheng, an old monster who had already seen many beautiful specimens of the male gender before, he really wasn't too outstanding in terms of appearance.

'But that atmosphere of death surrounding him... is very alluring ah!'

When Fu Qin woke up, Shi Sheng was standing by the window and talking on the phone. Her melodious voice was very pleasing to the ears.

"...He's not awake yet. At least, I don't think so. Ah? Oh no, I'm just a passer-by who picked him up and decided to be Lei Feng for a while by sending him to the hospital... No, it's fine. Okay... you want me to look after him? You're giving money? Fuck... okay, sure, no problem. I'll take good care of him."

Fu Qin turned his neck and tried his best to see who it was standing by the window. 'It's that woman with the strange sword from earlier.'

She turned, revealing her clear and bright eyes which seemed like they had been filled with brilliant specks of starlight. But not a single ripple could be seen within their depths.

When their gazes met, a strange smile appeared on Shi Sheng's originally passive face. "It seems like your life is worth a lot of money. They're offering a million RMB just to tend you for a while."

'Just how rich must this Fu Family be?'

Fu Qin didn't reply, his gaze moving downwards to look at her hand.

Shi Sheng lowered her head to look at the phone which belonged to him. She tossed it back on the bed before explaining, "It rang a lot of times. I picked it up because I found it annoying."

Taking it back, Fu Qin looked at the number on the screen, added it to his blacklist then shut the phone — all done in a single, fluid movement.

Shi Sheng didn't speak, and neither did Fu Qin. He simply closed his eyes, shallow breathing was the only sound heard. With this, the atmosphere turned heavy.

Only when a middle aged man who called himself Fu Qin's steward appeared did the tension dissipate.

"Many thanks, young lady." The man politely thanked Shi Sheng. He looked at her as if he was looking at a creature from outer space, which made her feel quite uncomfortable. "Here's a cheque for RMB1 million."

Her gaze landed on the cheque. 'They're really giving money! I(bbb) don't understand rich people...'

Shi Sheng received it with a calm expression. "Then I'll be leaving now."

"Wait a moment." Shi Sheng turned around. The man shot her a very polite smile before he glanced at Fu Qin who was playing dead. He lowered his voice and spoke, "May I trouble you to help me keep an eye on him for a little longer? I need to go and discuss some things with the doctor."