1

'What kind of an ability produces flowers? And black ones? Are you fucking with me?!'

Gu Nan had a fire-type ability in the original storyline, giving her a lot of firepower {ba-dum-tss}. However, she was missing the crystal nuclei needed to level up, which was why she only managed to get to the second level before she died.

'But how come I got this never-heard-of ability???'

Shi Sheng continued testing. Every time, it resulted in the appearance of one, if not two, small black flowers. 'Isn't this just bullshit? What happened to that fire ability? Even if it's a mutation, it shouldn't be this off!!!'

Shi Sheng thought on it for a long moment, before finally recalling that she had consumed something when she was beating up that zombie. 'Was it because of that thing? Oh Heavens, just what have I done for you to treat me so? System, hurry up and give me cheats! I want the type that lets me show off a lot!'
......

"AAAH!" A woman's shriek rang through the street. A few young men and women charged into the street from around the corner. There were some zombies stumbling after them, grunting excitedly as they chased their prey.

At this moment, some more zombies, staggering around listlessly, appeared on the path they were taking. Hearing the noise, the zombies all turned to look at the group of sprinting people before excitedly heading for them.

"Yu-ge, what do we do?" A fatty wielding an axe was the speaker. They were surrounded... were they going to die?

"There's someone upstairs!" A girl suddenly pointed at the second floor of one of the buildings. "Yu-ge, there's someone there!"

The one being addressed as 'Yu-ge' lifted his head.

This area was one of the older neighbourhoods, so the building was an older construction too, meaning it had a rather large exposed balcony. Currently, there was a young woman who looked no older than sixteen or seventeen standing there. She was wearing a clean set of workout clothes and holding a white cat in her arms.

Yu Liang felt as if something seemed weird but the current situation didn't allow him to think further. He looked below the balcony to find a rather solid looking iron door there.

All the other doors in the area were either tightly shut or had been broken, so Yu Liang could only shout towards the woman on the balcony. "Hey Miss, do you think you could open the door for us?"

The zombies were closing in.

"Open the door, hurry up and let us in!" The girl who had alerted them to Shi Sheng's presence spoke in an unfriendly tone. "Miss, we're all humans, so please help us out. We've got food that we can share with you. Miss, please hurry up and open the door! The zombies are getting closer!"

"Are you deaf?! Say something!"

But no matter what they said, the woman on the balcony remained completely motionless. Had it not been for the fact that the cat in her arms was swaying its tail, they would've already begun to suspect that she was just a statue and not a person.

The zombies were upon them.

"AAAH-!"

The three girls in the group shrieked in terror. The two men left had to protect them while fending off the zombies, thus greatly restricting their movements.

Shi Sheng lowered her gaze to look at them. Only when they were nearly unable to hold on did she open the door.

The moment the door opened, the girls hurriedly squeezed inside with Yu Liang and the fatty bringing up the rear. The iron door closed, leaving the zombies to scratch at it. The sound of their claws on the metal was rather grating.