31

Even though the Celestial World's crisis had been resolved, no-one knew if they should be rejoicing or worrying. 'Where did the previous Celestial Emperor go? And where did the Grand Steward go?'

Shi Sheng got them to prepare a simple coronation ceremony. The next day though, everyone found out the position had changed hands again... No wait, it returned to its rightful owner.

The Celestial Emperor was feeling very sullen. He had never seen such weird people before.

"Your Majesty, bad news! The Demon Race has completely taken over the Cultivation World!"

The Celestial Emperor, "..." 'For some reason, I feel like abdicating!'

Due to the celestial troops having no one to lead them, they were pretty much being beaten up by the demons the whole time. Half of them had been withdrawn to help out with the internal crisis too so they weren't of any use.

'So those two were just stalling for time for the demons?' The Celestial Emperor felt like he had uncovered the truth but damn if it wasn't a terrible one!

The Demon Race sent a messenger to invite the Celestial Emperor over for negotiations. Due to the South Sea revolt as well as the fact that they hadn't recovered yet and definitely wouldn't be able to beat the demons in a fight, the Celestial Emperor had no choice but to go.

After some unknown bouts of negotiation, the Celestial Emperor handed over jurisdiction of the Cultivation World over to the Demon Race and the Demon Race would help him deal with the South Sea rebellion in return.

The South Sea was completely annihilated in the end. However, Ye Qingqiu and Long Jue went missing towards the end.

Jun Wuqi went to see Shi Sheng after everything was over.

"Ms Shang, you had enough of the position of Celestial Emperor after a day?" Jun Wuqi looked at Shi Sheng with laughter in his eyes. Back when he first heard it, he nearly collapsed from laughing too hard.

'Just how bored is she to snatch the seat of Celestial Emperor? And for a man at that...'

Just thinking about the Celestial Emperor's face when he said this caused Jun Wuqi to want to laugh even more. 'I should be thanking the heavens she didn't take a liking to my position as Demon Lord!'

"If I can snatch even the position of Celestial Emperor, who would dare to cause trouble for me anymore?" Shi Sheng answered with a straight face.

Jun Wuqi had nothing to say to that. 'Might be blunt but it got the point across!'

"*ahem*... I'm here to tell you that Ye Qingqiu and Long Jue are currently in the Cultivation World. Do you need me to help you with them?" This was his attempt at selling her a favour so she wouldn't go and mess up his Demon World when she got bored.

'Shang Shu isn't as harmless as she looks. In reality she's more ruthless than anyone... and more confidently arrogant too...'

"People who offer up their services for free are up to something." Shi Sheng had an expression of distaste on.

Jun Wuqi, "..."
......

Currently, the escaped Ye Qingqiu and Long Jue were at a corner of the Cultivation World. Long Jue seemed to have aged quite a bit, there was none of the former handsomeness on his face. Instead, he looked rather dull and lifeless. He simply lay there on the bed and allowed Ye Qingqiu to do as she wished.

He had never expected to one day change from the Young Master of the Dragon Clan to a wanted criminal of the Celestial World.

Ye Qingqiu hadn't changed much; she looked as good as before. It was just that now there was a hint of dark qi hovering around the centre of her brows, though she didn't seem to notice it. Ye Qingqiu lost her interest very quickly without Long Jue's participation. She stopped moving and looked down at Long Jue with a hint of distaste in her eyes.