28

The baby zombie completely ignored everyone else's attacks and focused all his efforts on her. It was almost as if... he wanted to steal something.

'I knew it! This ability was nothing but trouble!'

Shi Sheng's sword made swooshing sounds as it cut through the air and her gaze as she looked at the little zombie turned sharp. By the time she finally finished him off, Shi Sheng's hand felt like it was going to shatter.

Shi Sheng felt like if she had met two seventh stage zombies, the only option she'd have was to be a punching bag. Little Fifth dug out the little zombie's Nuclei and handed it over to Shi Sheng. She hadn't seen a sixth grade Nuclei before, but she had seen a fifth grade one. The colour was much brighter than a fourth grade one.

But this seventh grade Nuclei was half-transparent, any colour it had looked very thin and wispy. She could absorb it but it was useless to her. Her ability required her to constantly use it for it to grow.

She thought for a bit before giving the Nuclei to White Tiger. Little Fifth had her ability so he wasn't lacking in this one Nuclei.

"Meow~" 'Owner is the best!'

White Tiger rubbed up intimately against Shi Sheng's neck. Shi Sheng pulled it down before tossing it to Little Fifth who was standing behind her. Little Fifth didn't manage to catch it properly; he caught it by the tail, causing White Tiger to let out a shriek before turning to claw at Little Fifth. What followed was a bunch of cat noises accompanied by the low growls of zombies.

Shi Sheng was a bit upset at losing a few zombies. After all, they were all relatively high levelled.
......

By the time Shi Sheng reached B City's safe-zone, the zombie horde had already begun overrunning the base. They looked like a dark mass pouring into the safe-zone.

The people on the walls were still resisting fiercely but they were quickly killed by the zombies with abilities who had jumped up the walls. The ones killed by zombies turned soon after.

When the fallen ability users climbed up once more, they were now zombies who turned on their once-comrades.

"Rarr rarr..." The zombies behind Shi Sheng looked very agitated as they growled constantly at the direction of the safe-zone.

"What's with them now?"

"They said, "Something over there smells nice.""

Shi Sheng's heart thumped. 'A nice smell? Is it the main character's spirit spring water?'

The B City safe-zone was nearly overrun. Those who could escape had already done so while those who couldn't had turned into zombies.

"Can you control that many zombies?" Shi Sheng asked Qian Li thoughtfully.

"Yes."

"Then let's get to work! Let's go get ourselves more forces for our empire! A wonderful life awaits!" Shi Sheng patted Qian Li's shoulder. "As expected, worthy of being the future Zombie Emperor."

The other large bases felt a sense of danger at the collapse of the B City safe-zone. 'At this rate, zombies are going to take over Earth!'

However, what they didn't know was that Shi Sheng was already well on her way to making that a reality. With information being difficult to access, it was already a year and a half into the apocalypse when they finally recieved the news that a human was leading zombies to attack bases. By that time, Shi Sheng had already taken down more than half of the country.