1

"Has Junior Martial Sister woken up yet?"

"No, Master. Grandmaster said... Martial Aunt's cultivation has regressed... Martial Aunt was about to build her foundation though... If Martial Aunt had managed to build her foundation this year, she would be the Misty Sect's youngest Foundation Building disciple. But now it's all gone. If Martial Aunt knows, she'll be very upset."

Sigh...

The first thing Shi Sheng heard when she regained her consciousness was a long sigh.

"Martial Aunt, you're awake!" A girl's voice shouted beside Shi Sheng's ear. "Master, hurry up and call Grandmaster!"

Shi Sheng's temples throbbed. The pain was difficult to bear. It only subsided after a long while, allowing Shi Sheng to finally see the girl at her bedside clearly. It was Lin Yiyi, a disciple of Heaven's Edge Peak. She had a pretty good relationship with Shan Shu.

"How long have I slept for?" Shi Sheng licked her dried lips. Her voice was very hoarse. Her throat was burning, even swallowing was difficult.

"Three days! Martial Aunt, have some water. Grandmaster will be here soon." Lin Yiyi went to pour a cup of water and help Shi Sheng drink it.

The refreshingly cool sensation of water wetting her throat made Shi Sheng feel a little bit better. She looked at the simple layout of the room.

Her eyes lowered, hiding the murky look in them. This was the scene where Shan Shu's cultivation had dropped after the fight with Ye Qingqiu...

Yu Xiao arrived very quickly. Though his face was icy-cold, there was a hint of concern in his eyes. He bypassed Lin Yiyi and sat down next to Shi Sheng. "Xiaoshu, you're awake... If you feel uncomfortable anywhere, tell Master."

His voice was like the scattering of jade beads; Extremely pleasant to listen to. His tone was a bit stiff though, as if he wasn't sure what tone to use when speaking to her. Yu Xiao looked very young and handsome. His eyes were like those in a painting and he radiated an icy-cold aura that kept others at bay. A typical 'forbidden temptation'-type Master.

'Was Shan Shu an idiot?! The fuck, she actually ignored such a good-looking master for that what's-his-name Chu Ye?! Isn't this trying to find imperfections in perfection?!'

Shi Sheng shifted her gaze and shook her head slightly. "I don't feel uncomfortable."

"That's good." Yu Xiao maintained his expressionless face. "I hope you've learned your lesson this time and don't go bothering that Ye Qingqiu anymore."

'Do you think that as a villain, I'll be able to do that?'

"Your disciple understands." After all, even if she was going to find trouble for Ye Qingqiu, she couldn't tell Yu Xiao. A hint of surprise flashed in Yu Xiao's eyes at this sudden obedience from his normally rebellious disciple. He just dismissed it as her having learnt a lesson though.

"Grandmaster, are we just letting it go like this?" Lin Yiyi couldn't help but speak out the injustice she was feeling. "I saw with my own eyes that it was Ye Qingqiu's doing..."

"Yiyi!" The man who had been standing beside Lin Yiyi all this while stopped her from continuing.

This man was Shan Shu's Senior Martial Brother, Bai Lang

"Master..." 'Why won't you let me say it? It was clearly Ye Qingqiu who harmed Martial Aunt!'

As the Master of Heaven's Edge Peak, Yu Xiao was allowed to have two direct disciples. Before Shan Shu, he had only Bai Lang as his direct disciple. It was only later, when he picked Shan Shu up, that he took her in as a second disciple.