29

"What am I doing?" Ji Xiaoyu laughed coldly. "She's hardly any older than me, yet she wants to be my stepmom? She needs to take a good long look in a mirror! She came out to sell her body yet also wanted to find a long-term meal ticket while she was at it?!"

Pa!

Ji Xiaoyu stared at Papa Ji in disbelief. "You hit me... because of her?!"

Papa Ji had regretted what he'd done after slapping Ji Xiaoyu, but once he saw the loathing in her eyes, he smothered his regrets..

'She had always put on that face ever since her mother died, looking at me as if I owed her a huge debt. Back then, I was out on assignment! How would I know something happened to her mom?!'

"You don't have the right to stick your nose into adults' business! Go back to your room!" His expression hardened as he rebuked her.

"Fine! All of you are against me, aren't you?! This isn't over!" Ji Xiaoyu screamed at the top of her lungs, then turned and ran out.

"Xiaoyu... Why did you yell at the child?" Bai Wei chided.

"She's already 20! She's no longer a child! Just ignore her." Papa Ji had been infuriated by Ji Xiaoyu's attitude.

......

When Fu Qin's bodyguards came to fetch him, he tossed them out. Ever since he found out how much Shi Sheng liked to use force, he did his best to avoid direct confrontation with her.

Shi Sheng's plan to pack Fu Qin up and send him back didn't work out. On the contrary, it ended up with Uncle Jian moving more of Fu Qin's stuff over.

Amongst the stuff was that Caucasian Shepherd Dog, Chang Sheng. In these three years, Chang Sheng had stayed in the country, and though he hadn't gone with them, it was clear he hadn't forgotten his owner.

The apartment didn't have that much space to begin with, but it became even more cramped when he came along. Shi Sheng and Fu Qin were currently doing their university studies, so when they returned, they continued at Alice Academy.

This school for rich kids provided education from kindergarten all the way to university level.

Only when they had gone overseas did Shi Sheng discover Fu Qin was shit at academics. His grades were absolutely horrible. Thus, they held study sessions as often as mealtimes.

"If you don't finish your revision today, you're not getting any food." Shi Sheng placed a workbook in front of Fu Qin.

Fu Qin looked at the workbook, his expression unsightly. "So many."

"Many? How about we add some more?"

Fu Qin pulled the workbook towards him and complained, "This is physical abuse."

Shi Sheng took a sip of tea, looking quite leisurely and carefree. "Get one question wrong, and you'll go run one lap downstairs. Get two wrong, run four laps. Three wrong, nine laps."

Fu Qin's expression worsened as he lowered his head to focus on the workbook and start scribbling. In the quiet room, the only noise that could be heard was the sound of pen against paper.

A smile slowly spread across Fu Qin's lowered face.

Bzz~ Bzzz~ Shi Sheng's phone, which had been placed on Fu Qin's desk, suddenly started vibrating. Fu Qin looked at it for a moment before lowering his head and continuing with his revision.

"Hey... Yeah? ...How about you come over and tell me." Shi Sheng walked out of the room, not shutting the door behind her. Fu Qin was able to see the living room from where he sat.