30

"I was just joking, don't be so nervous." Shi Sheng laughed lightly. "It's not impossible for me to help you, but... you have to kill Long Jue first. Oh, and if it's convenient, kill off Ye Qingqiu too."

The Celestial Emperor fell silent. Long Jue was the South Sea Dragon Clan's Young Master so it wasn't a bother to his conscience to kill him. But Ye Qingqiu had been divined by Celestial Lord Zi Hua to be the key to resolving the matter with the Demon World...

In the end, the Celestial Emperor agreed to kill Long Jue, but not to kill Ye Qingqiu.

Shi Sheng couldn't figure out why he was refusing. 'I don't think Ye Qingqiu had any dealings with the Celestial Emperor ah! Is it just plot-sama again? Ah well, killing one is good enough...'

And so, Shi Sheng grudgingly agreed. After all, if Ye Qingqiu died that easily, she wouldn't have been the main character.

The Celestial Emperor sent none other than Zhen Feng to deal with Long Jue. Yet this matter wasn't as simple as he thought for Zhen Feng failed and Long Jue was rescued by someone.

Shi Sheng could feel a headache coming on. 'Are all people in cultivation worlds so tough to deal with? Your grandpa!'

Of course, even if Long Jue was rescued, he didn't get off easy. After all, Zhen Feng's combat ability was nothing to be scoffed at. Had it not been for Ye Qingqiu, Long Jue would probably be dead right now.

"Why does Zhen Feng want to kill me?" Long Jue stared darkly at Ye Qingqiu.

"I had nothing to do with it. Though he likes me, I don't like him at all." Ye Qingqiu rubbed Long Jue's cheek. "I like you the most."

Long Jue turned his head away in disgust. 'Even if this woman saved me, it doesn't change what she did to me. I won't forgive her!'

Ye Qingqiu withdrew her hand and started playing around with it. "You understand Zhen Feng more than I do. Whose orders do you think he'll listen to?"

"The Celestial Emperor?" Zhen Feng was the best general the Celestial World had and he only answered to the Celestial Emperor. So the only one who would have been able to give him the order was none other than the Celestial Emperor.

'But why does the Celestial Emperor want to kill me...?' Long Jue's expression changed suddenly. 'The situation at the South Sea must've changed! I have to get back!'
......

The South Sea launched their attack earlier than Shi Sheng expected. Quite a few people had switched over to their side. At the moment, the Celestial World was filled with the smell of gunpowder {literary usage}.

The South Sea had long since been prepared, for they managed to make it all the way to the Celestial Emperor's palace without expending much effort. They had the palace besieged from all sides.

"Your Majesty... what should we do?" Lu Zhang was trembling badly by now. He usually lived a leisurely lifestyle so how was he able to put up a fight against the battle-hardened Dragon Clan members?

The Celestial Emperor sat on his throne and looked at the two standing below. "The two of you {respectful, equals}..."

"You haven't fulfilled your promise so you can't blame me for not upholding my end either." Shi Sheng interrupted what the Celestial Emperor was about to say. Her words caused the Celestial Emperor's breathing to turn ragged from suppressed anger.

Shi Sheng gave Feng Ci a look. He answered with a nod as he raised his hand and surrounded Lu Zhang with fire. The Celestial Emperor was stunned as he stood up abruptly. "What are you doing?!"