25

Shi Sheng could feel herself being revived when the music started. 'Son of a bitch! That nearly killed me! System that little bitch didn't even give me a hint! It knew I wouldn't buy that lightning rod if it kept asking, right? That was definitely on purpose!'

[Host, you refused to listen to me.] 'How come it's my fault now? Would I come out if there was nothing wrong? This Host can't differentiate right from wrong when tossing the blame! I want to change Hosts!'

"Fine, then I won't talk to you about this. Come and tell me: Was I supposed to die from such a ridiculous tribulation?" Even Ye Qingqiu's tribulation hadn't been as over-the-top as hers... 'How come it was like a wound up spring? It wouldn't stop...

Don't tell me stuff like the more powerful the tribulation, the more OP you'll be. I am very aware of my own mental state. Unless the heavenly dao wants to destroy this world, it'll definitely never give me any backdoors!'

[The Host does not belong to this world. You are not tolerated by the Heavenly Dao; hence it wants to purge you. I can only warn you before the tribulation starts but I have no way of contacting you once it does start. This is the power of a Heavenly Dao.]

Every world had its own rules. If System just broke them willy-nilly, the world could easily collapse.

Shi Sheng "..." 'Fuck your grandpa!'

[Host...] System hesitated. [Can you tell me how you managed to endure the tribulation?] 'I thought the Host would fail. I was even getting ready to welcome her return and all but who knew she'd manage to endure.'

"You want to know?"

[...Yes.]

"I'm not telling."

[......] 'I just knew she'd be like this. When she gets back I'm conducting a full body scan! I don't believe I'm unable to discover any bugs!'

System wasn't the only one curious as to how Shi Sheng managed to endure the tribulation; Feng Ci was curious too. He was able to feel that at the beginning, she wasn't feeling very good but that feeling quickly vanished...

But since Shi Sheng didn't say anything, Feng Ci didn't ask. To him, all that mattered was that she remained by his side.
......

After someone had undergone their tribulation, they could only remain in the Cultivation World for a day before the Guiding Light would appear to take them to the Celestial World. If they missed it, they wouldn't be able to go to the Celestial World anymore.

Of course, they could return after they had gone to the Celestial World. It could be likened to getting your details 'registered' with the Celestial World so you could come and go as you wished.

By the time Shi Sheng's tribulation was over, Ye Qingqiu had already left so there was no way for Shi Sheng to kill her, much to her chagrin.

'When main characters are beating up villains, they always think the villains are un-killable cockroaches but it's the same damn thing when villains are trying to kill the main characters!'

"How come she wasn't struck to death? Heaven is really blind!"

"Look on the bright side, it might not be a bad thing. After all, now she can go and wreck the Celestial World instead of coming after us! Besides, there are a lot of immortals there, would she be able to do anything? She's just a newly ascended..."

"Now that you mention it, that's true... but what if she doesn't stay there?"

Silence befell them as they cursed inwardly, 'You jinxed it!'