62

I'm surprised by how well everyone has been getting along

I'm surprised by how well everyone has been getting along. The guys and I are almost constantly at the apartment. We would never expect Lexi to go to the house now, so that's why we have no qualms about spending time with the girls where she is comfortable.

It makes me happy to see Lexi get reacquainted with Eli and Tatiana while we all hang out. Pretty much all day all we do is watch movies and eat, go out, or every once in a while people will leave with an excuse, most likely to buy gifts.

While Lexi, Faye, and Tatiana decide to have a girls day, the guys and I all go out to do some last-minute Christmas shopping. After the hectic exam week, the days have been flying by and I can barely keep track of them. Spending so much time with Lexi had put a huge strain on my academics, and I had to struggle a lot just to keep up, not that I have a single regret about our relationship whatsoever. I know that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me, so I will continue to multi-task my way through my life. She's also brilliant and in all of my classes so when she isn't distracting me, she makes the perfect study-buddy.

The group has often gone out to do some kind of "winter" activity, indoors of course because we don't exactly get cold weather by the beach. We went ice skating indoors, got hot chocolate in an overly air-conditioned café, and the girls even bought winter accessories as if the sky is going to magically dump a couple of feet of snow on us.

We take my truck for the five of us, and I'm glad to say that Eli has, for the most part, fit in perfectly well with us soccer guys. Although he doesn't really play any sports anymore, I can tell that he'd be pretty good at anything he tries, with his naturally athletic body type and the fact that he was in the military.

We end up going to the mall, and I can't help but worry about what to get Lexi for Christmas. I'm not too worried about anyone else's gift, but I want hers to mean something to her. I know that she won't want me to spend a lot of money on her gift because she'd much rather either something meaningful or nothing at all. After my perfect birthday gift, I felt the pressure to make it amazing.

Eli spends a ridiculous amount of money on everyone, especially his sisters, but he does have trouble finding anything thoughtful and I feel bad for the guy. He hasn't been close with either of his sisters until recently, so how could he know what to get them? Tatiana seems easy to shop for, as long as whatever she gets is 'in season', but Lexi, on the other hand, is a lot less vain.

I stay quiet most of the time as I continue to think about Lexi's gift. She's been through so much and she deserves the world, but anything that I could possibly get her is much too materialistic for her. I'll have to really think about it, and get it sooner rather than later, maybe Faye can help.

"Chase?" I hear Maddox ask from beside me.

"Sorry what?" I didn't realize I had zoned out until Maddox brought me back into reality.

"What do you think?" He asks about something.

"The first one," I say, not knowing what I'm talking about.