Is he really mine?

This episode is dedicated to my friend who blushes red.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I lay on the shambles of clothes cluttered on my bed my eyes fixed on the ceiling.

Candice started lecturing me again on the various ways Mike is cheating on me.I stare at the ceiling again, the yellow ceiling held a few patches which appeared brown.

"are you heeding to me? "she yelped.

"with whom is Mike hooking up this week? "I asked.

"Verona of physics major"she fretted.

I sighed staring back into the ceiling. The dirty yellow spots were not just patches but torn plaster of the ceiling.

"Are you deaf? "she yelled.

"No"i said averting my eyes and staring back at the ceiling .

" He is cheating on you Elena please wake up"she said clutching my robe and shaking me.

My eyes traced on her,my expression calm and serene" I know Mike hooks up with a different girl every week. "

I divert my attention to the rotating blades of the fan.

"May be Mike does not belong to me in the first place. I know he has flings with a different girl. It's just him being himself , I don't want to put a line above and ask him not to cross the barrier. "

"And doesn't it hurt? "Candice asked hunching next to me.

"Not much, I am used to this feeling. My first relationship was much worse. I don't deserve Mike and he cares for me dearly. And about the girls.... I think it's up to him to be loyal.Is this even a relationship?
I have no idea. I like being around Mike. "

"Do you love him? "she asked.

"I care for him deeply. But love is overrated "I said as my eyes bore into her with a tired expression.

"may be its time for you guys to end it" said Candice.

"maybe "I replied.

"what do you think I should do? "I asked still my eyes fixed at the ceiling.
"confront him, ask him about other girls. "she remarked.

I closed my eyes sighing deeply inwards.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mike was standing in the corridor flirting with an another girl. I cursed under my breath "damn this guy, doesn't he resort to nay work rather than flirting "

Tiny beads of sweat adored me as the  fear unleashed its jigsaw puzzle of self doubt of am I doing the right thing.

I gathered the very last speck of my worn out courage and called "Mike can we speak? "

He looked at me indifferently. "later" he waved me away and resumed flirting the other girl.

My self respect severely wounded. I stood with a raging fury which swirled like a torpedo in my head.

"it's important "I said.

"I said later"he said not facing me.

"how insolent, such a cold jerk "I thought to myself.

"I don't have time for you later, I just came to tell you that, we are over. Done. "I  stormed away"you can continue with your present fling" as anger performing a tap dance over my head.

I suddenly felt a strong hand grab mine. It was Mike. His grip was so tight that it nearly crunched my bones.

"what do you mean? "he asked.